The TENORI-ON enables people to create music intuitively and without any specialized knowledge about music using a 16 x 16 matrix button pad, and now there is the new TNR-e app that has new tones that capture the essence of dub step, progressive house/EDM, electro and other types of music not previously available.
Now you can access DubstKit and other new drum-pad tones, get fat bass tones like BriteBas and Helium, and dazzling tones of DubBAXX, Voxdance, VoodooWh, which were not previously available on the TENORI-ON, which makes this app a perfect place to start with your next multi-track project.
Using the iOS7 Inter-App Audio feature, you can control the sound sources of other compatible apps from the TNR-e, which gives you a wider range of sounds to choose from.
And only the TNR-e comes with several new attractive features and 2 master effect systems. Use the XY pad interface to apply the FILTER and six other types of effects to make your music come alive!
Use ISOLATOR and FILTER to create breaks, then, use the LOOPER to create a long trigger effect and a strong hook. EDM can be used to easily develop the song as well. Get the most out of live performances through improvisation.
SoundCloud is a hassle-free way to share data.
[About the input interface]
You can create music intuitively by ""placing"" sounds on the 16 x 16 button grid that are performed musically and visually.
On the 16 x 16 grid, time is represented horizontally, while the pitch is represented vertically.
Both rythm and melody are combined on the grid to create music.
When the sound is played, the buttons flash which also provides a stimulating visual performance.
Up to 16 tones can be played simultaneously (16 layers), and it can store up to 16 song patterns in memory (16 blocks), which can be activated during a performance in real time to produce a rich variety of musical expressions.
There are six different performance modes for each layer:
- Basic score mode: time is on the horizontal axis and pitch is on the vertical axis
- Random mode: Sounds are played in the order that they were entered, and rotating the device produces a cascade of changing melodies and rythms for your enjoyment
- Draw mode: Sounds are played in response to dragging your finger on the grid, like drawing a picture
- Bounce mode: Sounds are produced when the lights fall, just like a bouncing ball
- Push mode: Continuously change the tones as you perform
- Solo mode: Easily change the speed and pitch to play as a soloist
You can use these two tools together to create great music.
- Newly designed tones suitable to dance music
- 253 different tone types perfect for electronic music
- 2 master effect systems (seven types: FILTER, DICIMATOR, DELAY, FLANGER, NOISE, LOOPER, ISOLATOR, LOOPER)
- New interface that even beginners can understand easily
- Inter-App Audio compatible
- AudioBus compatible
- Guide feature that explains button operations
- Multi-session feature for multiple players
- Audio recording
- User Voice function
- Yamaha Server for file sharing
- SoundCloud upload feature
- AudioCopy compatible
Fixed a minor bug
Ratings and Reviews
I'm not one of the many who got burned on this deal. This is my first time purchasing this app. I've wanted it for awhile but when it went on sale I couldn't help myself. Let me say I wish I'd have done it sooner. This app is awesome! Probably the most fun I've ever had with a step sequencer. The layout and controls are intuitive and great for performance. I love how the effects modulate themselves. Different layers, different loop speeds. I've already created some amazing loops with this. I have yet to control anything else with it but from what I've read the MIDI is solid.
If your on the fence about this, buy it. You definitely won't regret it. I cannot imagine how anyone could say this app is not amazing. A great tool for music.
One of the best music apps! EDM and beyond
I am a Tenori On player, I have the hardware version. This app is a nice re-creation of that with a cool new sound set. ( we'd love to have that available on TNR W! )
The new effect section is good, it's kind of like a kaos pad. The loop effect is cool, the distortion is not distorted enough? More FX would be great.
We'd really like "tap tempo" on all versions of Tenori On, to help us jam with other musicians
The net Jam feature is amazing! I like to play with other players online when I have a chance.
I really think that more people would try this app if the price were lower, more like other music apps on the App Store?
Check out the videos online to see how cool this app is, and then buy it!
I actually like this way more than the normal tenori app. better sounds and interface is more intuitive. Was worried it would be the same thing but it is actually quite different!
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.