Today - Habit tracker for goals & routines
By Neybox Digital Ltd.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Today is a habit tracker, allowing you to create a custom dashboard for each of your habits, combining data from an expanding variety of cards, integrating various types of information.
Today’s method goes beyond the famous Jerry Seinfeld’s “don’t break the chain” approach. We encourage a more deep and mindful approach that help you strengthen each step of the habit formation process through positive re-enforcement.
AVAILABLE CARD TYPES
- Apple Health charts: Connect Today with Apple’s Health to view and track more than 30 different Health data sources such as Steps, Weight, Sleep, Active Calories and Caffeine. Each chart allows you to set a goal value and you can add or edit your values right inside the app.
- Custom charts: Track anything else with custom charts. Add as many as you want and customise their title and measuring unit and goal to suit your needs. Adding a new value is just a double tap away.
- Custom counters: Track any aggregate metric, adding or subtracting values as you go.
- Milestones & Todo Lists: In many cases, breaking down a habit into smaller easier more manageable steps helps you stay on track. An other way to use the Milestones it to track down important milestones and get you motivated. Want to use it both ways? No problem, you can add as many Milestones card you need per habit.
- Journal & Notes: Organise your habit by adding jotting down important notes, tips and thoughts about your progress. Writing about your progress has been proven highly motivational.
- Photo Galleries: Create photo galleries to visually mark and monitor your progress or add motivating photos from your camera roll. As an added bonus, you can set an image from your photo gallery as a cover for your habit. [Premium Feature]
NOTIFICATION CENTER WIDGET
Get a clear view of your habits and check-in on opening the app!
APPLE WATCH APP
Get a quick overview of your daily habits right from your wrist! You can check-in on any habit and get a quick summary of your weekly streak with a simple gesture. The watch face complications show the remaining check-ins for the day to keep you motivated and on track.
Stay motivated by earning badges as long as you stay true to your goals. Share your badges with the world to celebrate your progress!
DATA BACKUP [Premium feature]
We know that your data is precious, so you can choose between iCloud and Dropbox to backup all your habit data for safekeeping and restore, if needed. Today supports automated backup in the background, to make sure that your data is always up to date without any extra effort.
PASSCODE LOCK AND TOUCH ID SUPPORT [Premium feature]
Keep all your habit data private by using a 4 digit passcode to access the app. For all devices that support Touch ID, unlock the app with just your fingerprint.
3D TOUCH SHORTCUTS
For 3D touch enabled devices, shortcuts are available in order to quickly:
- Create a new habit
- View your habits due for today
- View your profile
SMART REMINDER NOTIFICATIONS
Create a reminder for each of your habits and check-in your habit directly through the notification without opening the app.
Access the basic data for your habit straight through your iPhone’s search bar! Tapping on any result will directly take you to your habit within the app.
BEAUTIFUL & EASY TO USE UI
- Beautifully animated, intuitive gesture based interfaced
- Easy to access help screens and video guide.
PREMIUM VERSION (available as an in-app purchase) unlocks the following features:
- Unlimited cards per habit
- Reach your full potential by tracking unlimited habits
- Backup and restore all you data using iCloud Drive or Dropbox
- Keep your data safe and private using TouchID or a passcode
- Use your own photos or select from our ever expanding library of inspiring covers
What's New in Version 1.4
- We are introducing a new card from our friends at Welzen for tracking your meditations!
- Apple Watch bug fixes and stability improvements
Simple functionality but its well executed. The cover pictures for each habit is a fine idea but as other reviewers have mentioned, the selection is very limited and more importantly in notifications it often shows the wrong picture different from what you've selected. Hopefully this is addressed in a future update. Also when I open the app it just takes you to the last habit that was open which is usually exactly what you don't need since you just completed it and are probably looking to check in a different habit. Starting at the homescreen with the list of habits or having a way to choose your homescreen would be helpful. All in all a nice clean app that does its job well. Also very much appreciate the one time payment model rather than a ridiculous subscription plan. Keep it up!
Honest Feedback for the Devs
This app has a lot of potential. I tried a wide variety of daily habit apps and this was, by far, the most beautiful and intuitive. A couple suggestions to help make it even better:
1) The swiping between "cards" makes sense and the animation looks nice, but there's a noticeable delay that makes it feel a little clunky. It's as if each card needs to load after swipe and doesn't allow me to quickly swipe between tasks; I have to wait a second or two with every swipe. This might seem insignificant but it's really a nuisance once you have more than a handful of tasks.
2) I don't fully understand the "Today's Covers". They seem to not update and the selection is rather limited. These photos look like they come from free CC0 sources, like Unsplash, so why not add a larger selection?
3) This more a nice-to-have idea but it would be great if Fitbit data could also be synced with the health graph.
Please keep up the good work, this really is a useful app that is nearly perfect.
Beautiful app - but why doesn't it show up for ipad?
[update] Thanks for the thoughtful and thorough developer response! I really appreciate it! That all makes sense. Didn't realize HealthKit was the limitation! (Please, Apple, fix this! Developers shouldn't suffer here - and users can choose to opt out anyway!)
Thanks again! Love the app so far! Glad to support you with a premium purchase! (Although, I always prefer up-front purchase so I can share apps with my husband. In-app purchases don't work with family sharing. :( )
- old review follows -
I am confused. Why would you have icloud storage as a premium setting - but not offer an ipad option? I can't even find this app in the app store on my ipad - despite switching between ipad only and iphone only. I can't even find it when I search for neybox. Given the simplicity of the app (which is great) it shouldn't take that much to offer an ipad option. Even instagram lets me have a 2x zoom app. :(
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jul 17, 2017
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 116 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Neybox Digital Ltd.
- © Neybox Digital Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Today Premium Unlock$4.99