Today In History iPad Edition
By Downshift LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Today In History is the easiest/best way to get the history information you want when you want it. We are dedicated to sharing world history, and personally significant "historical" information.
View what happened today in history, and share what happened today that's significant to you. When were you born? Add it then invite your friends and become a part of their This day in history. Create your own life timeline to share with your friends(who have this app, or will go to todayhistory.net) or add another famous person's events for all of our users to see.
- We have most notable events in all of history, ~100k
- On top of the day's events we show you the notable figures that were born/died that day, also what holidays and observances happened that day.
- Hundreds of entries every day with several Wikipedia links per entry, there's always something new to discover.
- No internet connection required.
- Ability to share an event on facebook, twitter, or by e-mail.
- Ability to comment on any entry. Tell us what you were doing the same day Henry VIII died, etc.
Features For Registered Users:
- Personal events that your friends will see in their daily events and that other users can access by going to your profile.
- Steamlined approval system of submitted global events.
- Ability to add favorites, friends that are tied to your account. Login on your friends phone and continue your fun.
History fans, lovers of trivia facts, those who like This Day In History and Today In History pages. Fans of facts, sharing facts, and general love of trivia, knowledge, etc.
Search downshift for more fun apps.
Twitter users follow us @dsinc for news and updates.
What's New in Version 3.3
- Added stuff
This app is a work in progress, and truly a collaborative effort. If you want to contribute you register and can then add in things that happened on a certain date in history. For example, on November 28, one can see what famous events happened on this day in history, who was born on this day, who died on this day, holidays around the world on this day, and much more. I love that this app is so basic in appearance and easy to use, but that you can actively contribute it to make it better. There are a lot of holes currently in that many days do not have a ton of history added in yet, but I could see this being a great resource for a history class to turn to for a paper or an assignment on the day a student was born or similar.
Darn Good App! Version 3.3
Just got this app and I'm impressed so far. Yes it's all text, but who needs pics for facts?! Like the way it's organized categories; birth dates; world history, holidays. Not sure what the bad reviews are about. Looks good on my iPad. It's a good app for history buffs and it's free. It's so good I would pay for it.
a very good app
I'm not sure why someone would complain about "text" in a history app since the vast majority of history occured prior to mulitmedia. This app shows events covering millenia for most days. Often there are 20 or more events described for any given day from all walks of life.