Today’s Paper from The Austin American-Statesman
By Cox Media Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your Austin American-Statesman, now delivered to your iPad.
Introducing Today’s Paper Included with your newspaper subscription at no additional cost.
Get total access to the day’s newspaper—all the in-depth local news stories, ads, comics, obituaries and more. Turn through each section, page-by-page just like the printed paper, and stay constantly updated on the top news.
Requires a Statesman login to access content.
•Organized and simple to use, with multiple ways to view each section, plus a table of contents
•Constantly updated, including breaking news and top stories of the day
•Access to a whole week of newspapers and archives
•Easy to share stories by email, Facebook and Twitter
•Easy access to savings, circulars and your favorite retailer offers with Find ‘n’ Save
•Quick loading pages
•Reader-friendly format and adjustable font size
If you have problems with Today’s Paper, please contact us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help you.
• Length of subscription: One month
• Price of subscription: $9.99 per month, or included with your print subscription at no additional charge.
• How to subscribe: When you first open the Today’s Paper app, you will be asked to enter a user name and login. Newspaper subscribers may use their Statesman login. If you are a newspaper subscriber and do not know your login or still need to register your account, please go to statesman.com/AddDigital. Here you will set up your account and get access to digital products included with your subscription. If you would like to subscribe to print and digital offers from your newspaper, please go to statesman.com/access. Download of the app is free.
If you would like to subscribe to the app from Apple you may purchase through iTunes. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. All renewals will be billed at the rate of $9.99 per month.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user, and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Use of The Austin American-Statesman for iPad is governed by our Terms of Service.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to The Austin American-Statesman for iPad.
What's New in Version 2.6.3
· Fixes iOS7 and other bugs
· Clearer instructions for login
Horrible app, horrible service
This app is a piece of garbage. Some consider this newspaper exactly the same, but unfortunately it's the only paper we have in Austin. The app constantly asks me to login, and even when I do it still doesn't take and asks me to login repeatedly. I've tried up to 10 times at different times to login, it tells me it's successful, and yet it asks me again. A phone call to "support" is ridiculous and a waste of time. A half-asleep technician, the third person I spoke to, simply told me, "Did you try deleting the app?" I felt like saying, "Did anyone bother testing this app?"
They have also never refunded me for papers that were never delivered to my home, even though they promised me as much. Just a bunch of lies from these people. I'll be canceling my subscription.
So many technical issues
At first I thought it must be my iPad, but since I also subscribe to the Dallas Morning News, with no technical problems, I've come to the conclusion it is this app. Like many others have written, I have to sign in repeatedly, or load and reload yesterday's paper, before I can get the current one. My current aggravation are the comics, when I turn the page, they are there, but they soon disappear, all but their titles. Good grief! I've just deleted the app me will reinstall it, Again, to see if that helps. My husband reads the delivered version, with none of these problems, so maybe the old ways are better.
As bad as the app is, the home delivery is worse. We only subscribe to Sunday and digital and they can't deliver either consistently. Many missed deliveries at home and IF the digital edition is available, it either downloads a page or two and stops or after you actually turn each page. How can the newspapers be in the machines all over town before daylight but the digital edition isn't available until midmorning (if at all)? Maybe they should get an investigative reporter to look into why their customer service as so terrible. Can't even give a whole star for any aspect of the rag.
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 10, 2013
- Version: 2.6.3
- Size: 6.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cox Media Group, Inc
- © Cox Media Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Austin American-Statesman$9.99