Bluegrass Guru is the ultimate digital fake book for bluegrass musicians and enthusiasts. Gather and organize your songs so that they’re ready at your fingertips no matter where you are. It’s your turn at the jam, what song are you going to play? Glance at your song library and remember all your favorite songs in a pinch.
Why should you get Bluegrass Guru?
• Memorize song quickly because your library is with you everywhere
• Keep your favorite songs organized and at your fingertips
• Find and listen to matching songs on the iTunes Store, YouTube, and Spotify
• View a list of over 100 Common Jam Song titles
• Keep your songs organized and at your fingertips
• Share songs as PDF files
Get more with a Guru membership:
• Add new songs quickly with access to web text search
• Keep your songs updated between your iPhone and iPad
• Create & manage set lists for your gigs that and share them as printable PDFs
• Organize your song library better with tags
Love Bluegrass Guru?
• Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BluegrassGuru
• Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/BluegrassGuru
Fixed an issue with song searching.
Have a suggestion or comment? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and keep on pickin'!
Ratings and Reviews
Good start but couldn’t really try it out
I love the idea of this app but I can’t fully endorse it as of this version. I downloaded the free version and tried to search for a few common bluegrass jam songs (using the content preloaded in the app). Each time I search, it miscounted the number of searches I had completed. So, I got to search for three songs rather than the 20 promised.
In the app, nothing is pre-filled except the song list. This means the user must search for the lyrics of each song and will quickly need to pay for a membership to use it.
One a search is completed and the lyrics saved, each song has the lyrics. But the app has no means or mechanism to help you determine the melody or a chord pattern. I can understand why neither of those are included due to copyright restrictions, but you can find this information on other apps and websites. That makes those sites more useful than this app.
I hope the developer will look at the search problem and consider improving it, or offering more free surges to people trying the app. Also, being able to edit the song text files (to add key and chord pattern) would make it more useful.
Kudos to the developer for pre-organizing the content by tempo and time signatures. That is a welcome addition. Bonus kudos for serving the bluegrass music lover at all! With some tweaks, this could become my go-to jam app.
Good until it stops working UPDATE
Update: latest update seems to have resolved this issue. Updated review to 3 stars. Would have gone higher but it took nearly 6 weeks to get an update. Seems to be working now
loved this app in jams until one day it stopped searching the web for tunes I was looking for after I downloaded the update. And these weren’t something obscure but they are all classics. I was able to get the lyrics from another computer on the same network. Very disappointed after paying $9.99.
Still waiting for “support”. They promise 24 hours response but that was 5 days ago.
Save your money
Been shut out of searches
Tried to email someone about being shut out of the searches but didn’t get any reply. I purchased the full version but can use it and would not recommend it to anyone if this is what happens if you use it. Hasn’t let me search in over a month. Liked it before this happened and can’t seem to get any answers. And it seems that every nickname is taken too!
- Bluegrass Guru, LLC
- 10 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 Bluegrass Guru, LLC. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 year Guru Membership $9.99
- 1 month Guru Membership $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.