By Taphive GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TodoMovies is the best way to manage movies you want to watch/watched, create custom lists, and discover new movies. With gorgeous edge-to-edge posters and unique features like bonus scene indicators, cast profiles, release notifications, an Apple Watch app, and much more, you will experience movies like never before.
TodoMovies has been featured by Apple, Empire Magazine, 9to5Mac, AppAdvice, BeautifulPixels, and many others.
- Stunning design for iOS putting movie artwork front and center.
- To Watch and Watched lists. Keep a list of movies you watched and want to watch.
- Create custom movie lists (e.g "Best Action Movies of All Time" or "Movies to Download").
- Browse movies by Genres, In Theaters and Upcoming.
- Rate movies. Rate and sort your watched movies by rating.
- Cast profiles. Learn more about your favorite actors/directors and browse their movies.
- Bonus scenes indicators. Highlights movies with extra scenes during or after credits.
- Apple Watch app. View your lists, mark movies as watched, and even rate them on your watch.
- Search-as-you-type. Search quickly tens of thousands of movies and people.
- Notifications. Automatically notifies you when a specific movie is released in theaters.
- Trailers. Watch movie trailers in HD (or SD) in fullscreen without leaving TodoMovies.
- Photos. Browse movie photos and amazing fan-made artwork in full-screen.
- News. Read movies and celebrity news with TodoMovies's sleek news reader.
- iTunes Store integration. Check available downloads in iTunes (soundtrack, games, books) for a certain movie. With a single tap.
- Gestures. Short/long right swipe in watch lists and search to quickly rate/mark movies.
- Sharing. Share movies you just added or watched on Facebook/Twitter/iMessage/Email.
- Localized in 11 languages. Supports global release dates and localized trailers (if available).
- Backup. Ability to backup your watchlists as a single file which you can later import.
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus support.
- No accounts required. There are no accounts or signups required to use TodoMovies.
Attribution: This product uses the TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb.
What's New in Version 4.1
+ “Top 10 Most Underrated Sci-fi Movies Of All Time”, "Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies Of 2016"...Introducing Top Lists! A brand new way to discover only the best of movies.
Top lists are curated movie lists compiled by Taphive and TodoMovies users. You can add an entire Top List to your watch list or add individual movies from it. Show your love for a list by a “Like”. Likes are global world-wide indicators of how much TodoMovies users love a particular list.
+ Redesigned Bonus Scene indicator in watch lists to be more intuitive.
+ Added Pull-2-Refresh to Genres/In Theaters/Upcoming.
+ Improved behavior of search in Search tab.
+ Fixed a bug that caused re-ordering custom lists to be reverted.
+ Fixed slow initial launch of TodoMovies.
+ Fixed a bug when restoring and exporting TodoMovies backups. If release dates got set to 2001 after you restored a backup go to TodoMovies Settings and tap on “Update Release Dates”.
+ Increased the maximum free custom lists to 5 :)
+ For those who demand the highest quality movie artwork, we added a new HD mode that will load the highest quality images throughout TodoMovies. Available in Settings > Display > Image Quality > Turn Automatic Image Quality OFF then select HD.
+ Various bug fixes, localization and stability improvements.
One of favorite apps.
UPDATE: love the new top lists and curated lists feature, already found some great movies to watch :)
Have used for years, solid development brings great updates such as groups, which I've wanted forever, biggest improvement -for me at least, would be shared lists that sync with other people (or at least myself, preferably via iCloud that I could back movies up with
Keeping a log of movies I want to see has long been a thing I've tried to do. I frequently have friends, family, and coworkers saying "you HAVE to watch [insert title]".
Unfortunately, while ToDo movies doesn't actually let me WATCH the movies for free (that's piracy, kids), it does exactly what it's supposed to.
It helps me keep a log of movies I want to see of that were recommended to me. This saves me some time when I sit down on a Friday evening with my wife and a nice whiskey, and we pop open Netflix.
Let me reiterate - ToDo Movies is a TO DO (to watch) app for movies. Think of movies as chores, and ToDo Movies as your checklist of chores to get done.
No movies? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What the update notes do not mention is the addition of ads. It's understandable but if you don't mention it then your reviews will.
There is still no chronological sorting with a year-listed scroll bar similar to the alphabetical sorting. Very annoying on long lists!
Quick links to imdb or other database movie pages would be a nice feature.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 28, 2016
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 11.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Taphive GmbH
- © Taphive GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Custom Lists and remove Ads$4.99