By Taphive GmbH
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
TodoMovies is the best way to manage movies you want to watch/watched, create custom lists, and discover new movies. With gorgeous edge-to-edge posters and unique features like bonus scene indicators, cast profiles, release notifications, an Apple Watch app, and much more, you will experience movies like never before.
TodoMovies has been featured by Apple, Empire Magazine, 9to5Mac, AppAdvice, BeautifulPixels, and many others.
- Stunning design for iOS putting movie artwork front and center.
- To Watch and Watched lists. Keep a list of movies you watched and want to watch.
- Create custom movie lists (e.g "Best Action Movies of All Time" or "Movies to Download").
- Browse movies by Genres, In Theaters and Upcoming.
- Rate movies. Rate and sort your watched movies by rating.
- Cast profiles. Learn more about your favorite actors/directors and browse their movies.
- Bonus scenes indicators. Highlights movies with extra scenes during or after credits.
- Apple Watch app. View your lists, mark movies as watched, and even rate them on your watch.
- Search-as-you-type. Search quickly tens of thousands of movies and people.
- Notifications. Automatically notifies you when a specific movie is released in theaters.
- Trailers. Watch movie trailers in HD (or SD) in fullscreen without leaving TodoMovies.
- Photos. Browse movie photos and amazing fan-made artwork in full-screen.
- News. Read movies and celebrity news with TodoMovies's sleek news reader.
- iTunes Store integration. Check available downloads in iTunes (soundtrack, games, books) for a certain movie. With a single tap.
- Gestures. Short/long right swipe in watch lists and search to quickly rate/mark movies.
- Sharing. Share movies you just added or watched on Facebook/Twitter/iMessage/Email.
- Localized in 11 languages. Supports global release dates and localized trailers (if available).
- Backup. Ability to backup your watchlists as a single file which you can later import.
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus support.
- No accounts required. There are no accounts or signups required to use TodoMovies.
Attribution: This product uses the TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb.
What's New in Version 4.1.1
+ TodoMovies now remembers the last opened tab and will automatically select it on launch.
+ Fixed a crash that occurred when viewing certain movies.
+ Fixed a bug that caused marking a movie as to watch/watched via swipe in custom lists to not update the movie's badge.
+ Fixed a bug that caused the add-custom-list button in "My Lists" to disappear for some users.
+ Fixed a crash that occurred when importing backup files to TodoMovies while it wasn't running in the background.
+ Simpler and nicer-looking empty lists slideshow.
+ Fixed a bug that caused the “you have no movies in your list” to appear when marking a one-result search as watched/to watch.
+ French localization fix.
Super useful app and well designed
June 17, 2016 update: great update! Enjoying how this version remembers which tab you've last selected and uses that at the next launch of the app. Saves a tap!
Very well designed app that's extremely useful. Worth upgrading to support the developer and the bonus is the ads go away. Yes, you can backup your lists. I do that often and it's worth it in case something happens to your phone. Love the curated lists too - discovered some great movies thanks to them!
This app helps keep track of what you want to watch and what you have watched. It's simple but super useful. Yes, you could use the built in reminders app as I used to but that can take longer if you're not sure of the movie name or don't want to type it all out. This app will offer suggestions after typing just a bit of the title. Very stable, fast and beautifully designed!
I love the UI of TodoMovies and the pre-made lists are very useful. The gestures and sorting options are also quick and intuitive. My only complaint is that ratings can only be made out of 5 stars, allowing for only 5 different ratings, which I find to be very confining. I have found that 5 star systems are unfortunately common among movie apps. However, TodoMovies is superior to every other app I've tried, except for its rating system. This is an outstanding app for tracking movies. If the developers allowed for 3.5/5 stars or 7/10, I would happily give this app 5 stars and buy the pro version, as it would easily be the best in its category. (See LaLune, Cineast and IMDB for examples of how to implement such a rating system.)
Good for Indie film watchers but one major issue
The basic version of this app executes its purpose well. It allows you to create and track movies you want to watch and ones you have watched. You can also create custom named lists.
Because this app is backed by TMDB, you have the option of adding films through TMDB that might not have IMDB listings. As someone who watches a lot of independent films, I found this very useful and set this app above other similar apps.
The biggest ongoing issue I have with this app is the inability to set the 'watched' date. That date defaults to whatever the date is when you add the film to the Watched list. When trying to import large historical lists, not having this piece of data is unfortunate.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 16, 2016
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 16.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Taphive GmbH
- © Taphive GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Custom Lists and remove Ads$4.99