9/10 in WIRED’s App Guide - Selected as an Honoree in the Webby Awards - Featured in CNN’s 50 Ultimate Travel Apps
ALSO FEATURED BY: The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, msnbc, ABC News, Wall Street Journal, USA TODAY, The Washington Post, Travel + Leisure…
- 100% OFFLINE – NO INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED except for sharing and updates.
- TRAVEL GUIDE with attractions, museums, restaurants, bars, hotels, theatres and shops with TRAVELER REVIEWS and RATINGS, pictures, rich travel info, prices and opening hours.
- PERSONALIZED TRIP ITINERARIES - Exclusive technology - The Trip Genius automatically creates personalized trip itineraries according to your travel interests, pace preference, trip dates, accommodation, personalized favorites, location and opening hours of places as well as ratings from other travelers. Use smart order to rearrange your visits and customize your itinerary at any time.
- OFFLINE MAP & DIRECTIONS - The only guide with offline navigation! - Have the guide locate you on the map and provide you with directions to a place by foot or by subway. Use all map and direction features 100% offline with no roaming fees!
- AUGMENTED REALITY - View your environment and all the places to visit in real-time, with distance, ratings, prices and opening hours.
- TRIP JOURNAL - NEW FEATURE - Easily create and share a trip journal with your check-ins, pictures, and comments!
- SHARING – Share your check-ins, postcards, pictures, reviews and trip journal by email or Facebook. Items are stored on your device and sent automatically when a free internet connection is available!
- TRIP DASHBOARD - Available at www.mtrip.me, the trip dashboard gathers your trip journals, itineraries, and favorite places from all of your destinations in one place. You can share it with friends and print your itineraries!
- TRANSFER YOUR ITINERARY between devices and back them up online
- OTHER FEATURES – Send pictures and postcards by email or Facebook, easily discover new places, currency converter, subway map, add personal places and more!
To explore mTrip’s other destinations please visit www.mtrip.com
mTrip’s Hong Kong Travel Guide is available in: English, French, and German
MTRIP IN THE NEWS!
LA TIMES - “App maker mTrip's signature Genius will generate an itinerary for you based on your preferences”
NEW YORK TIMES - “Travelers with iPhones should add mTrip to their augmented reality specialty apps list”
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL - “These next-gen travel guides can take care of stress-inducing itinerary-planning in Asia, Europe and the U.S."
ASSOCIATED PRESS - “The new iPhone application mTrip is a travel guide and then some: It uses the latest in smart phone technology to make it easier to stay on track in a foreign locale”
IPHONE LIFE - "Don't travel without them”
TECH VIBES - "Actually knowing what I'm doing and where I'm going in a world otherwise new to me... priceless"
For any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to answer your questions.
General enhancements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
THE essential Tokyo visitors app
Just got back and wanted to let any first/second time visitors know.....for the offline GPS alone, get this app! I had my phone's cell and data off the whole time, but the included feature allowed for a immensely better trip. the itinerary list/engine and updatable walking/bus directions make it all the better. I never write reviews, but wanted to help any others planning their first trip.
Restaurant database is pretty weak
I bought this and used it to plan a bit before leaving home but I didn't find it very useful once I got to Tokyo.
As a way to get a sense for what's in a city and what you theoretically could do in a day, this app is ok but I found a Frommers or Lonely Planet guide on my e-reader to be better for overall use. The descriptions of "attractions" were pretty bare bones. Once I arrive in a new city, pre-made plans tend to go out the window.
The restaurant database was particularly weak for a city as richly endowed as Tokyo. There are better web-based guides to eating in Tokyo. The one piece of this app that I did use was the currency calculator.
The idea behind the app is good but it didn't work out for me in Tokyo.
This app has a lot of potential, but its core functionality as an offline mapping/guide tool doesn't work because for whatever reason, the GPS won't get a lock. The only time I was able to get it to work was when I was in my hotel room with an active wifi connection. So much of the power of this app relies on the GPS that it make the rest of the app almost pointless.
- mTrip Travel Guide
- 218.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 mTrip
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.