Crazy about tomatoes? This is the app for you! The ultimate tomato resource, Tomatomania! gives you the dirt on tomato varieties and is a must-have for first-time growers and gardening veterans alike.
It’s easy and useful, with tons of great features:
- Search hundreds of tomato varieties by name, color and type.
- Get details on each variety and helpful growing tips.
- Find fun Tomatomania! events–what a major international newspaper calls the “tomato freaks’ Woodstock”–from coast to coast.
- Meet Scott Daigre, Tomatomania! owner/producer, who shares his all-stars.
- Discover wacky new varieties with one touch…and rate your favorites!
- Start your essential tomato garden journal.
- View tomato photos (and share yours with Tomatomania!…and on Facebook, Twitter and Flickr!)
- Impress your friends with your vast tomato knowledge (and ultimately, your great-tasting tomatoes).
- Buy tomatoes online from our partner White Flower Farm and keep up with tomato news.
- Join fellow tomato lovers and stay connected year-round.
For only $3.99, get the dirt…then get your hands dirty!
iPhone X ready with even more varieties (830+)!
Ratings and Reviews
Worth every penny.
With all the money that goes into buying tomato plants, fertilizer and watering; this app is worth the info you get. Great organization and info. It also motivates you to keep up with our tomato garden. Looking forward to continued tomato planting and caring with this app.
So far, all of the bug fixes seem to be, well fixed! (At least on the iPhone 5, haven't tried it on other devices yet.) The objective of the app is so helpful, having a quick reference to many tomatoes, as well as allowing for journaling of our experiences. When trying so many rare types, it's great to have a way to keep track of what you thought of each variety.
It is very easy now to add tomatoes that are not listed. My only suggestion would be a way for us to submit the entries we made. It would make it easier for the developers as we could do the leg-work amd let them just approve/deny the submissions in future upgrades.
Worked well as a reference, but crashy when I try to use features
The app worked nicely as a reference for our tomato plant shopping. But as soon as I started using the Favorites and My Garden features, the app started crashing. And the My Garden listing pretty much jumbles the status of the tomatoes I've set between the "It Will", "It Is", and "It was".
There are a number of features that would be welcome, like it would be nice to get tips and recommendations by geographic location, or to have the app use the planting dates I've set to show me a growing calendar so that I could pick plants that would give me the best yield across the summer. Or give me advice on how to combat potential pests.
But for the cost of a single tomato seedling, it was worth having as a reference.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.