Tomb Raider: Underworld
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Explore everything. Stop at nothing.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
Archaeologist-adventurer Lara Croft embarks on a daring expedition to find a sunken world deep beneath the Arctic Sea. From the crystalline waters of coastal Thailand to the rain-lashed jungles of Mexico and beyond, Lara won’t stop until she has opened its secret gates.
Her journey pits her against a formidable adversary who is after the same prize, and she will need all her wits, courage and athletic prowess to get to it first. As Lara, players will experience an astonishing level of physical interaction with a beautiful, unpredictable and treacherous world in a platforming game of unparalleled sophistication.
• Immerse yourself in Lara’s darkest ever adventure as she confronts ghosts from her past, settles old scores and discovers how far she is willing to go for the truth.
• Combine your cunning with Lara’s gymnastic abilities to solve epic, multi-stage puzzles.
• Get the hang of Lara’s new motion-captured moves, including wall-jumping, balancing on poles and dynamic free-climbing.
• Use Lara’s grapple to swing over chasms, abseil down sheer rock faces and manipulate ancient mechanical devices.
• Engage in spectacular combat as you battle tigers, sharks and undead Viking Thralls.
• Slow down time with Adrenaline Mode to pull off death-defying maneuvers at crucial moments.
• Discover hidden relics to increase Lara’s health, and find treasures to unlock concept art and storyboards.
Important information regarding Tomb Raider: Underworld:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at email@example.com
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 1.8 GHz, RAM: 3GB, Graphics: 128MB, Free Space: 8GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and Intel GMA series.
• Due to a driver issue, Intel HD 3000 graphics cards are not currently supported for players who have OS X Lion 10.7.5 installed. Players using OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion are not affected.
• You can find out more about the game on the Tomb Raider: Underworld mini-site at www.feralinteractive.com/game/underworld
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
Beware, Retina owners
I purchased this game to use on my 2012 Macbook Pro w/ Retina display. I also use a cinema display while at home, often. The game plays beautifully on my cinema display on this computer. Everything is maxxed out and it looks great, great frame rate, although I tried to play it on my MBP Retina screen and the game cannot find any resolution to display in other than 640x480 (in the pre-run screen). There is another screen once the game is running where you can change more video settings in addition to the resolution, I believe, but it doesn't matter because the game immediately crashes once clicking "Play" which is extremely disappointing.
I'm also betting it's very unlikely that a game this old is going to recieve any sort of support for an issue such as this.
Oh well. I wasn't warned, but maybe you will be.
Oh-- and if you have arachnophobia, you might think twice about purchasing this game. Or at least read a little into it first to see if you can handle it.
Other than that, this game is a lot of fun, the one downside would be the combat. The combat is nothing special and a little tedious at times. Every other facet though, really great and lots of fun. I would strongly suggest this to others.
Not too happy
I am pretty disappointed with this game. For those of you who have played it on a different system in the past and want to play it again- you will no doubt enjoy it so these words you don't need to read. But for those of you who see all the great reviews and want a new game to download from the mac app store I would suggest not buying. I haven't had a console in years and my macbook pro has let me get back into games… I have loved a couple star wars games, Bioshock, Vice City, and most recently Deus Ex HR. After finishing Deus ex for the third time I wanted to try out something new so I bought this game. The graphics aren't up to par- it is clunky with bad use of camera angles, and the game play just isn't fun. I used to love games like Zelda so I am used to the puzzle format- I just find this game more tedious and hard on the eyes than anything I've played recently. For anybody with a 2011 macbook pro hd intel 3000 graphics card- the game works fine- so if you are like me and you aren't sure whether that graphics card will work- it does. Anyway, I just wanted to throw out a caution.
A smooth gorgeous game. Well worth it at the $10-$15 mark.
I got this on sale. I'd say its definitely a 5 star game at $10. A 4 star game at $15 and anything over $25 would be 3 stars.
I did not encounter any bugs, the game played smoothly. The avatar did get stuck a few times behind rocks and such, but I was able to work her out. The visuals are top notch - its a gorgous game - and it definitely is a solid full-length game you would expect from a PC or Console - I plays at it for a week or so. I really don't have anything bad to say. The storyline was terrific, the game-play solid. If I had to find a complaint, it would be that the controls were a bit complicated on keyboard, perhaps a gamepad would be better for this one; also the weapons seemed to be missing their textured coloring (they were grey). All-in-all, a solid full-length game. Since I only paid $7, its 5 stars for me.
- Category: Games
- Released: Jun 14, 2012
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 7.06 GB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- Tomb Raider: Underworld © Square Enix Ltd. 2008-2012. Developed by Crystal Dynamics Inc. Published for the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Crystal Dynamics, the Crystal Dynamics logo, Eidos, and the Eidos logo are trademarks of Square Enix Ltd. Square Enix and the Square Enix logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co. Ltd. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Limited. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.8 or later