By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Chosen as “Game of the Year” in the "Mac App Store Best of 2014" selection.
A survivor is born.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
When a young Lara Croft is shipwrecked on an uncharted island, she enters a fight for survival armed with nothing but her instincts. Help Lara perfect her natural gifts as she embarks on a perilous journey to save her friends and escape the island’s murderous inhabitants.
Scavenge vital resources, upgrade Lara’s gear and improve her exploration, combat and survival skills to fight back against vicious enemies. Jump and climb through dense forests, treacherous mountains and WWII bunkers to discover how an ordinary young woman became Lara Croft, Tomb Raider.
• Take control of Lara Croft and guide her progress from amateur archeologist to seasoned adventurer.
• From death-defying leaps to grueling climbs, harness Lara’s athleticism to carve a path through the untamed wilderness of a mysterious island.
• Confront Yamatai’s deranged inhabitants with a motley assortment of weapons - Lara will need to find new parts to turn them into truly devastating armaments.
• Acquire advanced survival skills to forage for extra supplies and navigate almost impassable terrain.
• Enhance Lara’s combat prowess by mastering brutal takedowns to dispatch stunned enemies.
• Salvage scrap to upgrade your equipment, such as rope arrows and the pry axe, then use them to access new areas and discover concealed treasure.
• Delve into the island’s disturbing past by hunting down lost diaries and defeating devious puzzle tombs.
• Explore Yamatai’s stunning locales; leap between rooftops in sprawling villages, creep through eerie caves and traverse the precarious bowels of ancient shipwrecks.
• The Single Player DLC pack, containing all DLC for the Mac App Store version of Tomb Raider, is now available as a free activation.
Important information regarding Tomb Raider:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at email@example.com
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 512MB, Free Space: 12GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel GMA series, Intel HD3000, NVIDIA 3xx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 8xxx series and NVIDIA 9xxx series.
• Intel HD4000 series cards require an Intel i7 CPU or better.
• You can find out more about the game on Tomb Raider mini-site at feralinteractive.com/tombraider
TOMB RAIDER © 2013-2014 Square Enix Ltd. All Rights Reserved. TOMB RAIDER, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, the CRYSTAL DYNAMICS logo, EIDOS, the EIDOS logo and LARA CROFT are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix Ltd. SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. All rights reserved. Uses FMOD Ex Sound System © 1994-2014 Firelight Technologies Pty Ltd. Uses Scaleform GFx © 2013-2014 Scaleform Corporation. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other marks are property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Game Play Disappointing
The gameplay is nothing like the previous Mac Tomb Raider. This is a movie with a few key strokes, chaotic keystrokes, thrown in for good measure. Previous Tomb Raider made sense, was a big puzzle with some short movies. Luckily bought this one at a discount.
I Have Re-discovered Tomb Raider!
I used to play Tomb Raider on a Mac, using a keyboard, way back in the old days. And I loved it. I made my way through several of the games, until I hit one that seemed too complicated for the keyboard any more. And that’s when I quit.
But I recently got the bug to re-visit gaming, and I’m an old-school, old guy. I read some reviews, and I took the leap. I downloaded this from the App Store, and I bought a PlayStation 3 Game Controller, of which I had no knowledge. I also bought the Tomb Raider walk-through book.
Well, at first, the game loaded in beautifully, and I wa able to play it using either the keyboard or the game controller. But soon, I wanted to use the game controller exclusively. Trouble was, it didn’t work as it should. The buttons did not do what they should have done. I emailed Feral Interactive’s help folks, who graciously walked me through the set up (it was so easy, I’m embarrassed), and I’m playing, just as I did in the old days. Except now, I’m getting used to a game controller.
But, my, how things have changed for the better! Visually stunning compared to the old games, this new game is simply so much beyond anything I’ve played in the old days. I have it set at the easiest level, and it’s tough enough for me. Lara is less pneumatic than she used to be, and that’s good. She is a heroine worth our efforts.
I am running Yosemite on a 1year old 27” iMac, and I have YET to encounter ANY problems or glitches. Period.
If you are like me, and you yearn to return to gaming as you did in the early Lara Croft days, don’t worry: this is for you!
Does not Run
This game will not run on a 2014 MacBook Pro Retina, no matter what settings I use. This was a complete waste of money!
- Category: Games
- Released: Jan 23, 2014
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 12.27 GB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- TOMB RAIDER © 2013-2014 Square Enix Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9.1 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- Single Player DLC PackFree
- Paquete para el idioma españolFree
- Arabic language packFree
- Пакет поддержки русского языкаFree
- Pacchetto lingua italianaFree
- Polski pakiet językowyFree