Chosen as “Game of the Year” in the "Mac App Store Best of 2014" selection.
A survivor is born.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
When a young Lara Croft is shipwrecked on an uncharted island, she enters a fight for survival armed with nothing but her instincts. Help Lara perfect her natural gifts as she embarks on a perilous journey to save her friends and escape the island’s murderous inhabitants.
Scavenge vital resources, upgrade Lara’s gear and improve her exploration, combat and survival skills to fight back against vicious enemies. Jump and climb through dense forests, treacherous mountains and WWII bunkers to discover how an ordinary young woman became Lara Croft, Tomb Raider.
• Take control of Lara Croft and guide her progress from amateur archeologist to seasoned adventurer.
• From death-defying leaps to grueling climbs, harness Lara’s athleticism to carve a path through the untamed wilderness of a mysterious island.
• Confront Yamatai’s deranged inhabitants with a motley assortment of weapons - Lara will need to find new parts to turn them into truly devastating armaments.
• Acquire advanced survival skills to forage for extra supplies and navigate almost impassable terrain.
• Enhance Lara’s combat prowess by mastering brutal takedowns to dispatch stunned enemies.
• Salvage scrap to upgrade your equipment, such as rope arrows and the pry axe, then use them to access new areas and discover concealed treasure.
• Delve into the island’s disturbing past by hunting down lost diaries and defeating devious puzzle tombs.
• Explore Yamatai’s stunning locales; leap between rooftops in sprawling villages, creep through eerie caves and traverse the precarious bowels of ancient shipwrecks.
• The Single Player DLC pack, containing all DLC for the Mac App Store version of Tomb Raider, is now available as a free activation.
Important information regarding Tomb Raider:
• If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 512MB, Free Space: 12GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel GMA series, Intel HD3000, NVIDIA 3xx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 8xxx series and NVIDIA 9xxx series.
• Intel HD4000 series cards require an Intel i7 CPU or better.
• You can find out more about the game on Tomb Raider mini-site at feralinteractive.com/tombraider
TOMB RAIDER © 2013-2014 Square Enix Ltd. All Rights Reserved. TOMB RAIDER, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, the CRYSTAL DYNAMICS logo, EIDOS, the EIDOS logo and LARA CROFT are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix Ltd. SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. All rights reserved. Uses FMOD Ex Sound System © 1994-2014 Firelight Technologies Pty Ltd. Uses Scaleform GFx © 2013-2014 Scaleform Corporation. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other marks are property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Ratings and Reviews
great but too short… 12 GB?
I just finished this game… my shooting skills are extremely bad, as I dont even use the mouse, but I managed to play over and over and find the spots that Lara wont be hit so I can deal with hard battles. Love that the giants didn’t need that much time and skills to kill, as they r boring. The graphic was awesome the only thing I feel short is that there is only one theme (as only one story), so I dont feel exploring as much as the older versions. mostly jungles, temples, and caves… by the time u finished about 50% you will be so familiar with storm, rock, giant bells, … and even the treasure boxes look the same. I didn’t bother to listen to the dairies and look at the things i collected... The choices of different weapons, their accuracy and the “intelligence” of your enemies make the game worthy. I did enjoy the shooting and the reward for more accurate shots. I hope a new story will come out soon and more surprised and entertaining… can only rate 4/5 bc the story is not interesting and the whole game seems to be short and lack of scenes… anyway, glad I played it :)
Graphics are great. Experienced no bugs during gameplay. Story is good. I was able to play this game for about an hour and could have continued without paying for it. However, the game brought so much enjoyment that I bought my own copy. Been a Tomb Raider fan since the days of the Sega Genesis. Took a little getting used to playing with a keybord and mouse, but after I got the hang of it it was easy.
I’m not one to buy games. I bought Falcon 4 back in the day for about $200. I couldn’t get the plane off the ground. Waste of money for me. I tend to try them out first. If they’re worth it, I’ll buy them. With out souding too preachy, buy this one, don’t get it other ways. It’s certainly worth paying for and hopefully will encourage the creators to make others just as good.
LOTS OF FUN!!!
LOTS OF FUN!!!!………...MAAAAHHHVELOUS graphics!!!
I’m not much of a "gamer", (I only have two others), so I can’t comment on the techy stuff, but I've found this game lot’s of fun to play!!!
Love the graphics. I’ve no doubt that there’s a better graphics thing , to make it more detailed or whatever, but I like it on our iMac just fine.
I’ve read that some folks have had a little trouble with the giants, I didn’t have any trouble with the giants, however………………...
I got my back end handed to me on the parachute challenge……..…..go figure!!! It’s still a lot of fun!!!
Wouldn’t mind some of the rewards/skills/upgrades, unlocked just a little sooner, other than that, no complaints.
It’s a fun adventure story, and I like that. (they should’ve used this story line for the movie instead of the one that they did!)
If you looking to play it on your Mac (I recommend that you do!!!) just make sure it’s compatible with your particular machine.
My iMac is about 3 yrs. old, OS 10.9.4 no Retina display, but excellent graphics just the same.
I highly recommend getting a gamepad if you don’t already have one, we have the Sony for PS3 and it works great!!!
Most of all…………….JUST HAVE FUN WITH IT!!!!
- Feral Interactive Ltd
- 12.3 GB
OS X 10.9.1 or later
English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- TOMB RAIDER © 2013-2014 Square Enix Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.