GET THERE FASTER with the all-new TomTom GO Mobile app
>> Drive up to 50 FREE miles every month
The new TomTom GO Mobile app is a sleek combination of the latest TomTom car navigation technology and world-class traffic information. You will always have access to the best route available based on accurate, real-time traffic information that gets you to your destination faster, every day.
>> Offline navigation you can rely on: No need for an internet connection to plan your route.
>> Insanely accurate traffic information: Get highly accurate traffic information, in real-time.*
>> Drive more relaxed with safety camera alerts: Join our community of millions of drivers sharing safety camera locations in real-time*.
>> See buildings and landmarks in stunning 3D: Know exactly where you are so you never miss a turn.
>> Quick access to your favorites: Start driving to your favorite places with a single tap on the map.
Download TomTom GO Mobile and drive with the app for a fixed number of free miles every month. Upgrade to Unlimited Navigation to drive without miles restriction.
NOTICE FOR OWNERS OF THE ORIGINAL NAVIGATION APP
The original TomTom Navigation app for iPhone is no longer available for purchase. As an owner of the original app, you will continue to receive updates to the app and the map. For instructions on how to reinstall the app, go to http://www.tomtom.com/22248/. Owners are also entitled to a FREE three-year subscription to the GO Mobile app. Make sure you have the latest version of the original Navigation app installed and go to the shop to redeem your upgrade to the GO Mobile app. For a video tutorial on how to upgrade you can watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRX6H24gb2g
- World Maps: Install and update maps from around the world at no extra cost.**
- TomTom Traffic: Always know where delays are and whether a faster route is available.*
- Safety Cameras: Drive more relaxed with safety camera alerts, trusted by millions of TomTom GPS drivers.
- Offline Maps: Maps are stored on your device so you don't need internet access or data roaming to plan a route.
- Points of Interest: From gas stations to hotels, your app comes pre-loaded with millions of useful POIs.
- Navigate to Contacts: Never memorize an address again. Select a contact from your list and the app will plan your route.
- Quick search: Find destinations faster with Quick Search. It starts finding locations as soon as you start typing.
- Navigate to Copied Addresses: Easily select locations you found on websites or other apps by copying their address and pasting them into Quick Search.
- Advanced Lane Guidance: Clearly see which lane to take at key junctions.
MORE COMING SOON
We continue to introduce new features with each update. For an overview of what we are looking into, go to http://tomtom.com/22093
* These services require a cell phone connection. Your operator may charge you for the data used, and costs may be significantly higher when used abroad. Check http://tomtom.com/20719 for availability per country. The question of the legality of services to warn for safety cameras is not clear in Germany. You therefore use this service at your own risk. TomTom does not accept any responsibility for the consequences of use of the service in Germany. For more information please go to http://tomtom.com/5560
** Data storage constraints may apply. Download 4 or more full updates of any installed map per year. You need a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection to download new maps and updates.
Continuous use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
TomTom reserves its right to unilaterally withdraw and/or to amend this offer and/or to amend the terms and conditions.
Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Good Navigation Bad App
I’ve always loved the quality of the TomTom navigation especially the recalculation speed, however the app is just going down hill. Firstly when it finds faster routes, suddenly I can no longer see what I’m doing especially if I’m approaching an intersection and need to go the right way, the screen is filled with information and tiny touch buttons, I’m driving I cannot stare at the screen for 5 minutes reading all that, make it clear simple and without removing critical drinking information from the screen. Secondly on the latest versions the lookup from address is NOT WORKING!!! Even when I find a point on a map. Select it, navigate to it, then go to recent destinations to see what address is used and try searching for the exact same one it does not work, also it’s started adding the state twice into its addresses (street name and no)(state)(town or city)(state) why! Please fix this the address lookup used to work perfectly, I can provide many data sets for your testers to use!
TomTom no go
I tried to really like this app, thought it would be great.. It was for a short time. Traffic reporting was great. Then problems started. Support chat and email was excellent. I was told to uninstall and re install the app which I did.. Fixed for a few days. Then when I needed it for a trip, it couldn’t find the gps signal... then when it did it would not stay connected. Bottom line is I’m not paying for a subscription to an app that fails when you need it most. I would recommend looking else where. Way to many bugs for a pay as you go app.
it gets worse.. I set it up for a 41/2 hr Route that I know and have used google maps for.. The route was calculated at 11hrs 40 min.. Glad I didn’t take it!! Junk don’t bother!
Hey there Magnet
I am very sorry to hear about the issues that you have faced with the app, after it working so well at first.
The GPS issue sounds very frustrating and may be related to your phone's hardware. To check this, please download a free GPS testing app on the iTunes store. If the GPS is working, please contact our support team on the number below:
877-757-7137 (Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST)
They will be able to help with this problem, as well as the routing issue you have described.
- Cameron at TomTom
You need to show clear visual directions. Right now is says take Golden state freeway, it should show take 5 North - Golden State Freeway on the screen. I don’t use sound with the app so this makes the app useless. Put the exact freeway name and direction that needs to be taken on the screen so it can be read not just heard.
Reply to dev:
I believe it’s just laziness. Apple does a great job at it with their maps app. There’s enough room even when using the maps app vertically to display the full names. I spend more time looking at the tomtom app trying to figure out what way to go with the lazy directions than if they were displayed as they should be, so that is what’s not safe, trying to figure out where to go.
Hey there. Thanks for updating the review, we will pass your comments on to our product team, so many thanks again for your feedback! Safe Travels :) Cheers, Becky@TomTom
- 256.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- ©2008 - 2017 TomTom International B.V. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Year Unlimited Navigation $17.99
- 1 Month Unlimited Navigation $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.