Sculpt samples and sequence them in real time.
Ton brings a classic step sequencer and an advanced audio engine to your iPad, enabling you to create rich and modulated rhythmic sequences.
• Build rhythmic sequences using the step-sequencer, or play live using the drum pads
• Add movement to any sequence using PARAMETER LOCKS: any step can be assigned specific parameter values (pitch, saturation, volume…), a feature that can be used creatively to build melodies, add variation and make the overall sound feel more natural and organic
• Store your beats in PATTERNS, and recall them with a single tap immediately, without ever going out of tempo
• Use Ton in various setups, thanks to Audiobus and Ableton Link integration
• Mutate samples using the provided parameters
• Each track has its own multimode resonant filter, saturation effect and amplitude envelope
• Glue everything together using the Delay and Reverb master effects
• Unlimited parameter locks
• 6 tracks per project
• 1 multimode resonant filter per track
• 1 saturation effect per track
• 1 sequence per track, up to 4 bars long
• Delay and Reverb send effects
• 16 patterns per project, with store/recall behavior
• Up to 128 samples per project
• Ableton Link integration
• Audiobus integration
• Inter-App Audio integration
• Sample-level timing accuracy
• Sample import from iCloud, Dropbox, AudioShare and iTunes File Sharing (in-app purchase)
• Tempo from 20 to 999 BPM
• Fixed a bug that was causing a crash when trying to load samples from the factory library
Ratings and Reviews
Killer Drum Machine!
This is a hidden gem! I’ve never been able to work with anything that had parameter locks before - loving this feature! 😍 Would be amazing if we could load an Auv3 fx app into the reverb and delay slots, to bypass the internal fx and use our fav fx apps inside Ton for send 1 and 2. Would also like to sync changing patterns to start on the downbeat of the next bar as an option. GREAT APP, Thanks for this beast! 🤓👊
So they changed the interface. No big deal! It's the parameter locking in an easily accessible package that makes this fun. It would be nice to see separate outs in AUM or other host. Otherwise, I like it.
Basic but solid drum sequencer
Quite odd to change the entire interface but I like it. Still very basic but solid and, again... FREE!!
The design has room for improvement where there is unused screen space between the "source" and the "master" panels that could have been used for the "patterns". This would have made it much easier to perform and change on the fly.
I guess MIDI out and import samples can come in later as IAPs.
Keep up the good work.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.