TonalEnergy Chromatic Tuner and Metronome
By Sonosaurus LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
For musicians from pros to beginners, whether you sing, play a brass, woodwind or stringed instrument or any type of guitar, this app provides a set of feature-rich practice tools that gives fun and rewarding feedback. It’s much more than just a tuner!
So what makes the TonalEnergy the best selling music practice app?
• It's an all-in-one app, with a state-of-the-art tuner, an advanced metronome, dedicated orchestral strings and guitar tuning page, a piano keyboard, sound analysis pages, and audio/visual recording capabilities.
• It’s easy to use. Options like the Target Tuner or Pitch Tracker are on all the main pages. TonalEnergy helps users create rewarding and attainable goals during a rehearsal or when working alone. Colorful analysis data pages and audio/video recording features enhance the experience of practice.
• The metronome is cutting edge. It offers unmatched flexibility in sound choices, tempo settings, meters, subdivision patterns and visual displays. Voice count-ins, the ability to create and edit preset groups and Ableton link for syncing multiple devices make this a superior tool for performers.
• Ear training possibilities are endless. The high quality multi-sampled instrument sounds for symphonic instruments are unique among all other tuning applications. Listening skills can be developed through the use of the eight-octave keyboard, chromatic wheel and tone generator. There are no other sounds like these.
• Learning is a social activity. Using features unique to the TonalEnergy Tuner, data can be collected, reviewed, edited and shared with others. Feedback is essential for growing and developing great performers. It’s all about connectivity.
Chris Coletti, member of The Canadian Brass, sums up TonalEnergy by saying,
“TonalEnergy is a must-have for any serious musician. It's a full suite of tools in one app; the tuner, tone generator, recorder, metronome and beautiful interface make it one of the best tools for musicians out there, period.”
• Recognizes a large pitch range, extending to lower registers than many competing tuners (C0 - C8) that is highly responsive to wind instruments, as well as acoustic and electric string instruments
• Adjustable A=440 Hz reference
• Automatic or manual transposing options
• Instantly changes between equal, just and other custom temperaments, including user-defined ones
• Auto or instant pitch reference note feature using the TonalEnergy sounds
• Extensive tuning list for all orchestral string and fretted string instruments including many more features than most other string-only tuner apps
• An expandable eight octave piano keyboard enhancing many of the key aspects of the tuner’s functions
• Chromatic wheel tone generator, with optional auto-vibrato feature
• Frequency and Harmonic energy overtone graphs, along with a multi-function waveform
• Dedicated metronome page that matches or exceeds the features available on all other stand alone metronome apps
• Notation options including standard English, Solfege, Northern European, and Indian variants
• Bluetooth and input/output support
• Audio and Video recording capabilities including, editing, looping, timestretch that are all exportable via iTunes sharing, AirDrop, email, AudioCopy, SoundCloud, etc
• Import music from iTunes Library or email attachments
• Compatible with external microphones and clip-on vibration sensor devices
• Supports external video output to an external display for use in rehearsal halls
• External MIDI keyboard control support
• Universal app with all device orientations supported
• Audiobus and inter-app audio support
• VoiceOver support for the blind or visually impaired
• Piccolo, Flute
• Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon
• Eb, Bb/A Clarinet, Bass Clarinet
• Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Baritone Saxophone
• French Horn
• Tenor and Bass Trombone
• Euphonium and Tuba
• Square, sawtooth, and sine waveforms
• Plucked Strings
What's New in Version 1.5.3
v1.5.3 restores output-only option for bluetooth use in older versions of iOS, and fixes a few late-breaking bugs...
Feature updates and bug-fixes and from v1.5.2 included:
- Added auto-transpose feature back in for sound selection
- Improved bluetooth speaker output support
- Added option to allow bluetooth mic input, disabled by default so that most bluetooth speakers will work as desired. If the mic input from a bluetooth device is desired, enable this option. Removed the output-only option because this new option gets rid of the need for it.
- Arrow button in top-left of record sidebar now closes it (as well as swipe left)
- Added visual metronome flashing to tab bar on all pages
- Added 3D Touch shortcuts to start on specific page
- Add quarter/half note triplets subdivisions to /4 and /2 meters
- File browsing behavior updated, doesn't auto-play now when selecting (unless already playing).
- Added Trim feature which trims selected range to new file or replacing existing
- Added "Select" button which lets you multiple select items for export or deletion. If multiple items are selected for export it will make a ZIP archive and export that.
- Added option to make compressed audio (AAC) files when exporting audio
- Playing audio files keeps app alive in the background (like the metronome)
- Added duration indicator when recording
- Added introductory information for some features.
- Some VoiceOver fixes, and added special tuning data text capture feature (double-tap and hold target tuner on Tuner page to toggle it on/off, only when VoiceOver is on). This was requested by a blind user.
- Fixed multi-touch issue on pitch wheel
- Various metronome fixes
Apple Watch app changes:
- Reordered watch pages, to focus on most likely used features (metronome)
- Added meter and subdiv adjusting feature to Watch app
- Added Sound page to Watch app. Set the desired note with the note/octave pickers, or pressing the current tuner indicator button to set it to the most recently heard note.
- Added dedicated haptic count-in feature on watch (force touch on met page). This is independent from the phone metronome.
- Added Met Presets page to watch. Force press to change preset groups. Changing preset with the digital crown dial will go into affect when met is started (or if changed while already started). Swiping up/down also changes preset.
Please remember to update your reviews and ratings for the new version. Also, we want your feedback and suggestions. It really helps us better meet your needs.
Contact us at email@example.com with any ideas, thoughts or concerns. As always, thank you for your support!
This App Has No Limits
This app is unbelievably detailed and well-designed. It's so versatile that it can hardly be considered just a tuner app. It contains a wide variety of temperaments, and it will allow you to create some of your own. It contains just about (if not) every time signature you'll ever come across. The metronome also allows you to choose which beats are accented and which beats you'd like to take out. The app also allows you to analyze the overtones of a sound, record sounds, generate tones using sine/saw/square waves or the timbre of different musical instruments, and SO much more. I definitely think this app is a luxury that many musicians ought to know about.
Unbelievable functionality for something under a few hundred dollars. Not simply a tuner, pitch pipe, and metronome, but you can actually record yourself (video) and look at the waveform!
The number of options is staggering and its capabilities are at first overwhelming. Yet you you can begin using it right away. Then you can get into transpositions, alternative tunings, wild meter changes, tailor it to your voice/ instrument, examine the spectrum/ waveform for the singers formant or how well you maintained your tone/pitch and on and on and on.
Many thanks to those who produced and maintain this wonderful App. They have given every student a tool worthy of the most advanced professional musician.
Great! One strange issue though.
App is excellent!!!! Only thing is, since about the end of May, the TE Tuner randomly turns on the mic when the app is COMPLETELY CLOSED (It's not even open in the background). A red bar comes up on the top of the screen that says that TE Tuner is using the mic. It shows up for about 3 seconds and then turns off. This has happened at least three or four times in the two weeks week. I've double checked to be sure it's not running in background. I haven't even used the tuner in two weeks! So one star off for that. Other wise great!
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 01, 2017
- Version: 1.5.3
- Size: 66.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Sonosaurus LLC
- © 2017 TonalEnergy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.