TonalEnergy Chromatic Tuner and Metronome
By Sonosaurus LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
For musicians from pros to beginners, whether you sing, play a brass, woodwind or stringed instrument or any type of guitar, this app provides a set of feature-rich practice tools that gives fun and rewarding feedback. It’s much more than just a tuner!
So what makes the TonalEnergy the best selling music practice app?
• It's an all-in-one app, with a state-of-the-art tuner, an advanced metronome, dedicated orchestral strings and guitar tuning page, a piano keyboard, sound analysis pages, and audio/visual recording capabilities.
• It’s easy to use. Options like the Target Tuner or Pitch Tracker are on all the main pages. TonalEnergy helps users create rewarding and attainable goals during a rehearsal or when working alone. Colorful analysis data pages and audio/video recording features enhance the experience of practice.
• The metronome is cutting edge. It offers unmatched flexibility in sound choices, tempo settings, meters, subdivision patterns and visual displays. Voice count-ins, the ability to create and edit preset groups and Ableton link for syncing multiple devices make this a superior tool for performers.
• Ear training possibilities are endless. The high quality multi-sampled instrument sounds for symphonic instruments are unique among all other tuning applications. Listening skills can be developed through the use of the eight-octave keyboard, chromatic wheel and tone generator. There are no other sounds like these.
• Learning is a social activity. Using features unique to the TonalEnergy Tuner, data can be collected, reviewed, edited and shared with others. Feedback is essential for growing and developing great performers. It’s all about connectivity.
Chris Coletti, member of The Canadian Brass, sums up TonalEnergy by saying,
“TonalEnergy is a must-have for any serious musician. It's a full suite of tools in one app; the tuner, tone generator, recorder, metronome and beautiful interface make it one of the best tools for musicians out there, period.”
• Recognizes a large pitch range, extending to lower registers than many competing tuners (C0 - C8) that is highly responsive to wind instruments, as well as acoustic and electric string instruments
• Adjustable A=440 Hz reference
• Automatic or manual transposing options
• Instantly changes between equal, just and other custom temperaments, including user-defined ones
• Auto or instant pitch reference note feature using the TonalEnergy sounds
• Extensive tuning list for all orchestral string and fretted string instruments including many more features than most other string-only tuner apps
• An expandable eight octave piano keyboard enhancing many of the key aspects of the tuner’s functions
• Chromatic wheel tone generator, with optional auto-vibrato feature
• Frequency and Harmonic energy overtone graphs, along with a multi-function waveform
• Dedicated metronome page that matches or exceeds the features available on all other stand alone metronome apps
• Notation options including standard English, Solfege, Northern European, and Indian variants
• Bluetooth and input/output support
• Audio and Video recording capabilities including, editing, looping, timestretch that are all exportable via iTunes sharing, AirDrop, email, AudioCopy, SoundCloud, etc
• Import music from iTunes Library or email attachments
• Compatible with external microphones and clip-on vibration sensor devices
• Supports external video output to an external display for use in rehearsal halls
• External MIDI keyboard control support
• Universal app with all device orientations supported
• Audiobus and inter-app audio support
• VoiceOver support for the blind or visually impaired
• Piccolo, Flute
• Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon
• Eb, Bb/A Clarinet, Bass Clarinet
• Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Baritone Saxophone
• French Horn
• Tenor and Bass Trombone
• Euphonium and Tuba
• Square, sawtooth, and sine waveforms
• Plucked Strings
What's New in Version 1.5.1
== Version 1.5.1 - fixes crash issues on iOS8, Audiobus output slot support, and other bug fixes. ==
Every page of the number one selling paid music practice app has added features and expanded capabilities making the best even better!
TonalEnergy is now optimized for all current iOS screens and orientations, including slide over and split screen on recent iPads.
What’s new in the Target Tuner?
• Enhanced color display throughout the app
• Expanding smiley face for rewarding in-tune playing
• Added Instant pitch reference using:
• Pitch name (available on Sound and Tuner screens)
• Chromatic Wheel (now also available on the Target Tuner screen)
• Octave changing capability
• Added Pitch Tracker which illustrates percentage of time played in each tuning zone
• Expanded Auto Reference Tone choices
• Added Vocal Mode
• Redefined Mode (wind/strings) descriptors
• Expanded number of Range (Skill) parameters
• Added quick access pop-up for transposition settings
• Enhanced Damping settings
What’s new in the Metronome?
• Created a stand alone metronome page
• Swipe down metronome control panel on all screens
• Created feature-rich visual metronome
• Added ability to create Presets
• Added ability to create Preset Groups (Setlists) using Preset Sequence feature
• Added ability to create accelerandos and ritards in Preset Groups
• Expanded number of meters, now with over 30 meters available
• Expanded number of subdivision patterns, now with over 30 from which to choose
• Expanded the number of metronome sounds, now up to 20
• Added Ableton Link feature to sync multiple devices over common network
• Added Vocal count-ins with a multitude of options. Now you can choose
• Ability to select either a male or female voice
• Ability to set accent notes
• Ability to choose which notes are counted aloud
• Ability to set how long the vocal counting continues
• Flexibility of when to use vocal count-ins in Presets and Preset Groups
What’s new on the Strings and Guitar Tuner page?
• Added quicker access to the Strings Tuner
• Added a string and guitar friendly tuner bar
• Created a faster and more efficient way to tune open strings
What’s new on the Keyboard page?
• Now available on both iPhones and iPads
• Changed keyboard resizing method to pinch
• Added a scrolling feature to change keyboard position
• Added a keyboard scroll lock button to prevent unwanted motion
What’s new on the Analysis page?
• Added quicker toggle between Analysis screens
• Redesigned visual aspects for ease of reading and interpretation
• Increased speed of pitch recognition
• Integrated Target Tuner colors to Pitch Plot
• Demonstrates silence by dotted white lines
• Integrated tuner bar
• Harmonic Energy Series plot updated
• Added pinch feature to expand/shrink views of partials
• Identified names of first eight partial note names
• Displayed cent off-sets for the first eight partials
What’s new in Recording?
• Swipe from the left edge of screen for immediate access to show recording sidebar
• Added video recording and playback, an industry first in tuner apps
• Added ability to superimpose the Target Tuner over the video image
• Improved import/export file sharing capabilities for all recordings
• Streamlined editing file options
What’s new with the Apple Watch?
TonalEnergy Tuner can now be controlled from your Apple Watch! Tap or spin the digital crown to change tempo, start/stop metronome, and view target tuner.
What’s new in Audio Options?
• Full microphone input source and channel selection
• Added input gain control to address different practice environments
• Added internal instrument volume control
Please remember to update your reviews and ratings for the new version. Also, we want your feedback and suggestions. It really helps us better meet your needs.
Contact us at email@example.com with any ideas, thoughts or concerns. As always, thank you for your support!
EVERY MUSICIAN NEEDS THIS APP
This is absolutely the best tuning app on the App Store. Thank you to the developers for finally updating the app so it's even better now! The interface looks a lot more elegant and classy and it's super easy to use. You can still generate pitches, chords, and now they added new string tuning and a keyboard. The metronome is much improved and has its own page now. Love the new vocal counting feature. In regards to the analysis page, it finally stopped crashing every time I would leave it open in the background after recording something! I use analysis very frequently because you can easily see the fronts and ends of notes, see if your vibrato is even, and you can slow down recordings to listen if you're playing something evenly as well (very useful for evenness of scales). You can really analyze all the specific, fine details of your playing, both visually and aurally. Every serious musician needs this app!
Best tuner app I've used
This is hands down the best tuner app I've come across, and I've tried a few. This is the first that I really felt could completely replace my $140 tuner.
Some key points: It can still tune your sound while playing its own sound, which lets you work on tuning intervals. You can hear two or more pitches at once, which also helps with this - especially for learning the differences between different temperaments (which is a must if you play historical instruments). The choice of "instruments" means that you can find a sound that's easy to tune your instrument to and also audible even on little cell phone speakers.
And not only that, it even has a great metronome!
It has tons of other features I've barely even explored.
This app would be worth every penny if it were ten times the price. Forget ClearTune, GStrings, etc; this one beats them all like Darth Vader against Hello Kitty.
It's way better than a Roland V T 12
Which is pretty much the benchmark for any analog box that can be used to pitch match.
This vocal trainer is totally digital. It is not intuitive however if you were willing to read the manual you will find that is extremely powerful and does way more then any analog tool I've ever seen.
The app is more than most and my students sometimes balk at it but then I give them instructions on how to use it and they're always very glad that they are able to quickly check their pitch and tone.
I'd give it 10 stars. It's my go to app to use it for every lesson and every student.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 13, 2017
- Version: 1.5.1
- Size: 64.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Sonosaurus LLC
- © 2017 TonalEnergy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.