“Something interactive like this will do to sheet music what Kindle did to hardback books.” (Wired Magazine)
Not all scores were created equal.
With Tonara’s patented interactive scores you can now experience playing with sheet music in a completely effective and engaging way!
Tonara scores will listen to you play, mark your position in the score, and turn the pages automatically for you exactly at the right time.
Enjoy hundreds of free classical scores and songs in the Tonara 'Free Zone'. Get access to thousands of classical, rock, pop, soundtracks and other scores in the Tonara store.
Use our music synchronization capabilities - your recordings automatically are synchronized to the score so that it's easy and effective to review your practice.
Listen to our MIDI (sample playback) - it's also synchronized to the score.
**Gather all your scores in one place.***
Now you can also upload PDF files from different sources and have all your sheet music beautifully organized in one easy-to-access place.
Import your entire music collection from DropBox, Google Drive, email or your iPad’s web browser. Easily edit the information and save with the click of a button. No score following here, just good music.
Get a beautiful visualization of your progress and share it.
- Visual graphical reports of your progress
- Tonara's ‘Magic Marker’ follows where you are on the score as you play
- Pages turn automatically
- Upload or import scores from your private collection and enjoy Tonara as a your digital sheet music binder
- Play alone or with others
- Listen back to your sessions
- Share your performances with teachers, friends, and colleagues
- Resilient to background noise
- Tempo display
- Visual and audio metronome
- Huge selection of sheet music for free and for purchase
- Scores formatted specifically for the iPad
- Appropriate for musicians of all levels
iOS 11 support
Ratings and Reviews
This app does not work anymore. Every time I open it, it crashes...
Promising, but not there yet
A few versions from now, this will likely be great and I'm looking forward to using it then. (Note that I'm a cellist, so I'm sure how well it works for other instruments.) The good is that the score page is clean and most of the essentials you need are there. The page turning, when it works (see below), is great. The metronome (visual metronome!) is helpful as well. It's easy to purchase music and get started playing.
Now the drawbacks: Right now, the magic "cursor" can't seem to find my place in the score—it races ahead, then gets "lost." Jumping backwards in the music, which you do *all the time* when rehearsing doesn't seem to work well—the algorithm seems to be looking for matches just ahead in the score, not behind. I spent every couple of measures tapping the screen to return the cursor to its right place. Once this is perfected, it'll be EXTREMELY helpful, but as it is now, it's just off.
A must-have feature for a future version is the ability to annotate the score. Especially important for stringed instruments (where you indicate bowing frequently and fingering occasionally).
- 22.1 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Tonara ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Piano Sonata no. 14 in C-sharp minor, op. 27 no. 2 $0.99
- Suite bergamasque $1.99
- Prelude in C major, BWV 846, from the Well-Tempered Clavier, vol. 1 $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.