Generate pure sine wave tones at frequencies from 20hz to 22,000hz. Tone generation is useful in tuning instruments, hearing tests, science experiments, and testing audio equipment.
Tone Generator has many uses:
- Hearing Test: What is the lowest/highest frequency you can hear in each ear?
- Tuning Instruments: Does your top guitar string match Low E at 440 Hz?
- Science Experiments: What is the resonant frequency of your wine glass?
- Audio System Test: What frequencies does your subwoofer support?
Adjust audio frequency by dragging the slider or tapping the plus/minus buttons. Adjust device volume using the on-screen volume slider. You can also specify to play audio to any AirPlay supported device. Toggle audio playback using the Play/Pause button.
Created by the audio experts at TMSOFT that brought you the famous White Noise app. Check out all our apps and sounds at http://www.tmsoft.com/
Updated libraries to be GDPR compliant and other minor improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Tons of potential
I love that it’s simple, but it’s a little bit too simple. Its almost impossible to choose a specific frequency on the high end. There’s a plus and minus button that moves up or down one single hz, which is practical at 60 hz, but silly at 16,237. You can also drag the slider but its nearly impossible to set it to 16,000 or 18,000 or 15,500, or anything specific. You have to settle for 18,342 and be grateful that you got that close, or maybe if you really want push the minus button 342 times to get to your goal frequency. Also it doesn’t make sounds while you’re sliding the slider.
Perhaps being able to zoom in on the frequency spectrum to get to specific spots, or as Apple does, a low speed scrub as you move your finger further from the slider. Idk, but it needs something.
Almost a great app, but falls short of being useful.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! We do appreciate providing us insight on your thoughts about the app. We will taking your feedback into consideration and see if these are updates we are add to a future version. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you think!
Simple and effective
I like how simple and effective this tone generator app is.
I already purchased White Noise from this company and use it regularly to create a tranquil atmosphere at home or in the office.
I’d love to have some additional features in this tone generator app.
1. Pulse - the user can have the tone pulse on and off automatically. Allow the user to select the length of “on” time and “off” time.
2. Audio Channel - the user can select which audio channel(s) the tone is sent through. Allow the user to select an option to alternate sending the tone to the left and right audio channels. Allow the user to set the switching speed to control how often the tone switches between the left and right audio channels. The audio channel options could be:
- Left Channel
- Right Channel
- Alternate Channels (with speed selection of “Alternate ____ times per minute”)
Thanks for great apps!
I like 38 hz find the one that is good for you. It worked for me. Read about Tesla.
I like 38 hz it works for me find the one that works for you. Read about Tesla.
I started about 3 weeks ago and I have been reading about light frequency and power. This application is great I donated for further research. You don’t have to donate anything only if you wish.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.