Welcome to the new, completely reworked TonePrint app featuring an improved interface, optimized performance and access to tinker with previously restricted TC TonePrints! You can now also tweak TonePrints directly from your iPhone by connecting to your pedal via a Lightning to USB adapter (camera connection kit).
The TonePrint Concept
TC Electronic's 'TonePrint® enabled’ guitar pedals allow you to upload custom tones created by some of the best guitarists alive. With this app, you can beam any TonePrint to your pedal in seconds!
TonePrint App Main Features
• Beam any TonePrint in seconds
• Create custom TonePrints directly from your device
• Fast. Flexible. Intuitive.
• Completely free of charge – Not based on in-app purchases
• Cached files – No internet access required
• Collect favorite TonePrints for super-fast access
• Constantly updated with new, amazing TonePrints
--- Note! Your Pedal May Need a Firmware Update (https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/c/Tcelectronic/Downloads) ---
Editor support for Brainwaves added
Ratings and Reviews
Still beta testing with no manual or customer support
I hate to say anything bad about TC Electronic, because I have nothing but respect for their hardware and think the idea of being able to program your own presets is nothing short of awesome... But, this software falls way short of what I would expect from a company that is in some ways, leaps ahead of the competition as far as innovation goes. So here are my beefs and a few humble suggestions:
1) You should be able to save TonePrints that you create and copy them from one device to another.
I can’t believe they didn’t get this yet, but if you create something on your PC or iPad, there’s no way to copy that TonePrint to your iPhone. If nothing else gets fixed, get this one!
2) On the same line, it would be nice it if you could retrieve the TonePrints from the pedal so you could edit them again or just identify what was in that slot. I’ve already found that I’ll forget what voices are in what slots, once the editor is disconnected.
3) There’s no manual!!! This is maybe my biggest pet peeve. There’s absolutely no frigging manual. To top it off, the customer support at TC Electronic is awful. This could be remedied if they had some good documentation, but right now, there’s nothing.
Technically, there are times when the TonePrint Editor and the pedal don’t sync up when connected by the USB cable, but I’m sure that’s in the manual, somewhere.
Totally reworked app crashes (not anymore!)
I was excited about the new version, but it crashes after loading for a while. Even deleting and reinstalling did not work. It moves to the background when crashing, but crashes again when selecting it. I'm on a 7 plus with iOS 11.4.
So I guess this is more of a bug alert than a review. Hopefully, you'll have it worked out soon!
5 hours after writing this, I tested it on my iPad (same iOS version),and it opened just fine. Tested again on iPhone and it loaded and opened! A database snafu? Cloud clutter?
TC Electronics. Decent Pedals / Horrible Software
Last app was #1 on my worst app list. Now its #2 as it made room for this latest app by Toneprint. Not only does this app crash upon loading but the Mac High Sierra app also crashes on opening. I am blown away that a company this large and immersed in the pedal world can have such amazingly awful software. Bad software can only mean one thing... Bad Pedals. Look for a swift decline in sales guys. If it doesn’t work, simply don't offer it as a product. Fix your bugs, luckily the app is free, my time however is NOT. 3 strikes and youuuurrr44 OUT!
IPad pro 12.9
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.