Tonetable is an application for DJs who want to control their digital vinyl system from their iPhone or iPod Touch. It produces a control tone that is compatible with most digital vinyl systems such as Serato's Scratch Live™, M-Audio's Torq™, and Image-Line's Deckadance™ (please note that it is no longer compatible with Traktor Scratch™ by Native Instruments).
Tonetable features a large scratching platter that allows you to scratch and throw the virtual vinyl similar to using a real turntable. To use Tonetable with your DJ software simply connect an audio cable from the line out of your iPhone or iPod Touch to your audio interface's line in.
- Scratch, throw and pitch bend.
- Pitch slider capable of fine pitch control.
- Configurable control tone (1 kHz - as used by Scratch Live™, 1.2 kHz - as used by Torq™ ).
- 33 or 45 RPM modes.
Updated to work with the latest version of iOS.
Ratings and Reviews
I've done two practice sessions and two full gigs with this so far, and I'm very impressed.
My only complaint, is the pitch bend. I wish I could have better control of it. The curve of the bend starts off nice and slow, but gradually grows to be to much. It would be nice if we could either set a cut-off to the curve, or like some other users mentioned, be able to use the platter to bend pitch by the use of 1 finger, while maintaining normal scratch control with two or more fingers.
Also, scratch latency is a little bit noticeable, however compared to other "scratch" apps that I've used, is completely acceptable.
Great idea, horrible implementation
If this app had all the elements of my sl-1200, i would be using it as a replacement. For instance,
1) There is no start/stop button when the slider is pitch slider is selected. Why does it need to be selected instead of just being there all the time just beats me. It is not like it is using up to much screen. Just get rid of those pitch bend buttons or make them smaller and have a start/stop button there all the time!
2) It only works in relative mode. It is just a pain to have to go back to the laptop to cue up. If i was the developer, i would add absolute position, that way one could needle drop(by selecting this function with another button) and also having the ability save temporary cue points.
3) when pressing the home button, the app stops. If by accident i were to push the home button during a gig, i would be screwed.
The above three requests/comments should not be hard to implement.
Nice app in and out the club but....
1)Can you make it look like a 1200
2) let a Dj ad his or her face to the vinyl
3) let the table be able to set up battle
4) fix the lag for scratching issues
Other than dat good app,just open for
Ludda,Chris brown,Rick Ross and nicki
And they thought it was sick as hell
Also got iPad Dj case made just for this
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.