Tonido - File Access, Music and Video Streaming from Anywhere
By CodeLathe LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TUAW: "Tonido has the potential to be one of those life-changing applications."
VentureBeat: "Tonido is your personal cloud, providing live streaming access to all your data and media, everywhere."
AppAdvice: "With Tonido You Can Run Your Own Personal Cloud"
Examiner: "Ease and convenience are two of the big "buzz words" in the mobile space right now and Tonido is both of those."
Cult of Mac: "Great way to access the music, movies, photos, and documents you have stored on your Mac or PC"
Tonido allows you to access your entire collection of documents, photos, music and videos in your computer, TonidoPlug or Tonido Cloud from anywhere. It is completely FREE.
You can instantly open files, folders, pictures or videos that are stored on your computer from your iOS device with just one click. No uploading to a public server, and no worries about storage constraints in your device. Tonido makes it easy to work directly with your computer files, no matter where you are.
* Video Streaming - Easily stream videos from your computer to your device.
* Video Format support - Converts most video formats automatically (including AVI, MP4, MKV, VOB, XVID, WMV) - Live Video transcoding
* Music Streaming - Stream your entire music collection in different formats (including FLAC, OGG, WMA, MP3 and more) without saving them locally on your device.
* AirPlay Support - Stream Videos and Music to Apple TV using AirPlay
* Remote File Access - Browse files and documents, download them locally, edit them and re-upload them back.
* Download for Offline Use - Save documents, media locally so you can access them even without an internet connection
* Sharing - Share selected files, music, media to guest users either by creating direct links to the files or by emailing the file directly
* Create and Manage music playlists for your music
* View photos (JPEG, PNG, GIF, CR2, NEF, CRW and more)
* Wirelessly Download files directly to your iOS device and access it offline
* Open your downloaded files using other installed applications
* Take photos, videos and quickly upload to your home computer
* It’s FREE!
To get started:
Step 1: Install Tonido Desktop server (Available for FREE from www.tonido.com) for your OS.
Step 2: Create an account and leave your computer powered on
Step 3: Enter the account information in the iOS app and you are good to go!!
Tonido Streams to iPhone
“Can’t beat it. You install Tonido on your PC and access your hard drive including music, videos and documents. Works great! ALL FREE too!!!”
- David Meilan
Awesome app! Very useful
“I can hear music stored in my PC. Take photos and upload to my PC on the spot. Browse files & folders from my PC. Highly Recommended!”
- Jason Washington
Tonido provides a personal, secure doorway to your computer from anywhere in the world you happen to be. This app makes it super fast and easy for you to access and share your documents, photos, music and videos, all from your portably convenient iDevice. All you need is the computer with Windows, Mac and Linux or a TonidoPlug or a TonidoCloud installation.
What all of this means for you is freedom. Forget about carrying your USB stick and leave your music at home. You don’t need to lug those things around anymore. Tonido gives you free and easy access to your entire hard drive, including your music collection.
It works both ways, too. Have a photo on your phone that you’d like to upload to your computer at home? No problem, you can do that with Tonido, as well. You’re going to love and rave about this application!
Do you really need any more reasons to get this app?
Download Tonido now and experience the freedom.
User's Guide: http://www.tonido.com/support/display/docs/iPhone+and+iPad
What's New in Version 7.0
- Automatic Camera Upload Support to backup photos and videos automatically to your Tonido server. THIS REQUIRES LATEST TONIDO SERVER.
- Song title search Search support for indexed songs
- Misc bug fixes.
Finally! My own cloud storage
First... Let me start by saying this: if you are not comfortable installing programs on your computer, have some web knowledge, and have at least a basic understanding of how manage your computer, then stay away from this app and do not give it a low rating because you don't know what you are doing, or you are one of those "smart" dumb people who think you can anything on a computer and not read instructions... I've recommended this software to all my fellow IT geeks and they have had nothing but high praise for this app, and I'm no different. This is just what the doctor ordered to cure those size restriction blues that you get with Dropbox, OneDrive, Google drive etc. Now I have full use of all 4+ terabytes of storage on my home machine if I want. Not like I'll ever use that much space, but just the fact that I don't have any restriction is enough to make anyone go mad with power. I've got my iPad, iPhone, MacBook and work desktop linked to my home Tonido server and it's just beautiful having all my files in one place... Word of advice. If you do what I've done and put all your files on a single machine, make sure your have a UPS on it, or use a laptop for your server. Otherwise, this is the best app hands down.
Great app without iAnything
Enjoy using Tonido and listening to my mp3s without using iCloud or streaming while I'm driving. Keeps my monthly data plan lower. Good solid app, needs a companion on my PC and they work well together moving files back and forth.
I also have subscriptionPDFs that I read while traveling. I would like Tonido to rotate into portrait position on my iPad or iPhone. It is fixed in landscape and that's broader than the pages in the PDFs. That would be a great enhancement.
I would also like to see it save my playlist. That might be part of the cloud storage, but I want it locally on some music files
Love this app
I am using this app for quite some time and love this app. New auto back up photos feature doesn't have sorting. It would be nice to have something like that otherwise it is hard to find photos ! Especially new ones goes to the bottom. Waiting to see this feature in future.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 10, 2014
- Version: 7.0
- Size: 9.6 MB
- Languages: English, Italian, Japanese
- Seller: Codelathe LLC
- © 2013 CodeLathe LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.