Tonk is a popular card game, very similar in style to rummy. Also known as Tunk, it’s most commonly played in the United States. Tonk is played with a standard deck of 52 playing cards and each card has a point value in the game. All picture cards are worth 10 points, but aces are worth only 1 point.
Assuming there is no tonk, the dealer turns over the first undealt card face up to start the discard pile. The rest of the undealt cards are placed face down to start the stock pile. Play then starts to the dealers’ left and continues in a clockwise direction. On their turn, a player must take one card from either the discard pile or the stock pile, and throw away one card by placing it face up on the top of the discard pile.
Any player whose initial hand contains 49 or 50 points must declare this immediately and show their cards: this is sometimes known as a "tonk". In this case the hand is not played and the player with 49 or 50 is paid twice the basic stake by each of the other players. If more than one player has 49 or 50, the hand is a draw - there are no payments, the cards are thrown in and the next player deals.
The person to the left of the dealer plays first and the turn to play passes clockwise. At your turn, you have two options.
1) If you wish, you can end the play at the start of your turn by placing all your cards face up on the table. This is called dropping (or going out low, or sometimes knocking). By doing this you are claiming to have a lower point count total in your hand than any other player.
2) If you choose not to drop, you must either draw ("pluck") the top card from the face down stock, or take the top card of the discard pile into your hand. You may then be able to reduce your hand by putting a spread face up on the table, or by adding to a spread already on the table. You end your turn by discarding a card face up on top of the discard pile.
Play Tonk timeless classic card game Tonk anytime anywhere! Tonk is a popular pastime for lunch breaks and family game nights. Try now this interesting card game!!
Enhance user game experience by fixing series of bugs and crashes.
Ratings and Reviews
Haven’t played Tonk in 25 years. Not only did this game help me remember how it’s done, but it’s fun.
It can be better
You should make it where can can chat while you play
Developer Response ,
We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We really appreciate it and will pass your suggestion into our team. we will get it sorted at the earliest. Regards, Support Team
Fun & Addicting
Love this game!
- ANSHAR LABS, INC.
- 81.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Simulated Gambling
- © Anshar Labs
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $2.99
- Pack of Chips $0.99
- Pack of Chips $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.