Too Noisy Pro
By Walsall Academy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Anyone who has attempted to keep the noise levels under control of a group of youngsters will appreciate this simple, fun and engaging app.
This is a fun app that children enjoy and respond to. It's a real boon to any adult who needs to control the levels of noise of a group of children.
Summary of Features
• Displays graphically the background noise level in a room in a fun and engaging way.
• Allows the tolerable noise level to be adjusted to cater for those "louder activities" as well compensating for banging doors and other sudden noises with the "sensitivity" and "dampening" sliders.
• When the predefined noise level is exceeded for more than 3 seconds:
1) An audible Alarm is sounded ( this can be switched ON or OFF )
2) The App appears to shatter the screen of the Device ( this can be switched ON or OFF )
3) A counter, displayed on the noise meter, is incremented by one. Keeping track of the number of “Too Noisy" alarms.
• Star Awards can be awarded at predefined time periods ( from 1 minute to 13 minutes ) for each of the 10 available "Star Awards". If students get all 10 stars a "Super Star Award" is displayed. Stars can also be manually Awarded and removed
• The app can be configured so that if the "Alarm" is triggered a "Star Award" is automatically removed. (this feature can be turned ON or OFF)
• The "Alarm Counter" can be reset or disabled completely.
• Users can email issues and / or suggestions for enhancements directly from inside the app.
• Users can share info about the app on Twitter or Facebook.
For the responsible adult it is like having a virtual assistant with you, constantly monitoring noise levels and letting the children know in a fun and engaging way if noise levels have reached an unacceptable level.
In tests we have found when using this app with groups of children peer pressure alone is generally sufficient to control noise levels.
If the noise level is acceptable a happy smiling contented graphic is displayed. If the levels of noise increase beyond what the responsible adult has determined as acceptable, the graphic changes to reflect the unacceptable noise level. Once the level of noise returns to an acceptable level the graphic automatically returns to the happy contented one, however, if the volume of noise remains unacceptably high for more than 3 seconds...an audible alarm is sounded (this can be turned on and off) and the screen of the device appears to shatter! Also, the "Alarm Counter" on the meter is incremented by one (this can be zeroed at any time with a reset button).
On occasions, it may well be that a higher level of background noise is acceptable, depending on the activity the children are engaged in. In this case the responsible adult can adjust the sensitivity of the app so that a higher level of noise is required before the graphic changes or the Alarm is triggered.
Where projectors, TV's or monitors are used, for example in classrooms, the image of the app can be mirrored to these devices so that the noise levels of larger groups of children can be controlled. Note: This feature is only available with the iPad 2, iPhone 4s and later devices and requires an Apple Digital AV / VGA adapter, or wirelessly via an Apple TV device.
Before you write a bad review, please contact us via the suggestions button in the app for solutions to problems, or to submit feature requests. We can't fix what we don't know about, and writing a bad review is not the way to report a bug! We cannot reply to negative reviews to help, so please give us a chance to respond.
What's New in Version 5.03
We fixed an issue where the audible alarm volume was not loud enough for some users
We have also made some performance improvements and fixed some annoying little bugs
Please use the contact form in the app (or on the website) to report any issues or to make suggestions for future features. We love hearing from you and often include user suggested features.
Love! Love! Love!
I use this app on my classroom which gets quite loud sometimes considering I teach art, music to grades k/3 all the way to middle school and drama! This app has been a lifesaver and the kids absolutely love getting the golden star coin!
iOS 10 Problem
I really love this app for group assignments in my classroom. Unfortunately ever since I downloaded iOS 10, the buzzer for the room getting too loud goes off instantly. I've tried to reinstall the app and I tried it on both my iPad and iPhone, but the same thing happens. Please fix this and I will be sure to update my review with my usual love for your product. Thanks!
Make this app available on the iMac, too! I would like to project it from my desktop computer to the whiteboard.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 21, 2016
- Version: 5.03
- Size: 52.2 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Walsall Academy
- © Walsall Academy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.