Too Noisy Pro
By Walsall Academy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Anyone who has attempted to keep the noise levels under control of a group of youngsters will appreciate this simple, fun and engaging app.
This is a fun app that children enjoy and respond to. It's a real boon to any adult who needs to control the levels of noise of a group of children.
Summary of Features
• Displays graphically the background noise level in a room in a fun and engaging way.
• Allows the tolerable noise level to be adjusted to cater for those "louder activities" as well compensating for banging doors and other sudden noises with the "sensitivity" and "dampening" sliders.
• When the predefined noise level is exceeded for more than 3 seconds:
1) An audible Alarm is sounded ( this can be switched ON or OFF )
2) The App appears to shatter the screen of the Device ( this can be switched ON or OFF )
3) A counter, displayed on the noise meter, is incremented by one. Keeping track of the number of “Too Noisy" alarms.
• Star Awards can be awarded at predefined time periods ( from 1 minute to 13 minutes ) for each of the 10 available "Star Awards". If students get all 10 stars a "Super Star Award" is displayed. Stars can also be manually Awarded and removed
• The app can be configured so that if the "Alarm" is triggered a "Star Award" is automatically removed. (this feature can be turned ON or OFF)
• The "Alarm Counter" can be reset or disabled completely.
• Users can email issues and / or suggestions for enhancements directly from inside the app.
• Users can share info about the app on Twitter or Facebook.
For the responsible adult it is like having a virtual assistant with you, constantly monitoring noise levels and letting the children know in a fun and engaging way if noise levels have reached an unacceptable level.
In tests we have found when using this app with groups of children peer pressure alone is generally sufficient to control noise levels.
If the noise level is acceptable a happy smiling contented graphic is displayed. If the levels of noise increase beyond what the responsible adult has determined as acceptable, the graphic changes to reflect the unacceptable noise level. Once the level of noise returns to an acceptable level the graphic automatically returns to the happy contented one, however, if the volume of noise remains unacceptably high for more than 3 seconds...an audible alarm is sounded (this can be turned on and off) and the screen of the device appears to shatter! Also, the "Alarm Counter" on the meter is incremented by one (this can be zeroed at any time with a reset button).
On occasions, it may well be that a higher level of background noise is acceptable, depending on the activity the children are engaged in. In this case the responsible adult can adjust the sensitivity of the app so that a higher level of noise is required before the graphic changes or the Alarm is triggered.
Where projectors, TV's or monitors are used, for example in classrooms, the image of the app can be mirrored to these devices so that the noise levels of larger groups of children can be controlled. Note: This feature is only available with the iPad 2, iPhone 4s and later devices and requires an Apple Digital AV / VGA adapter, or wirelessly via an Apple TV device.
Before you write a bad review, please contact us via the suggestions button in the app for solutions to problems, or to submit feature requests. We can't fix what we don't know about, and writing a bad review is not the way to report a bug! We cannot reply to negative reviews to help, so please give us a chance to respond.
What's New in Version 4.11
Thanks for all the positive feedback and suggestions. We have added the following features based on your suggestions in this latest release.
• A graphical timer so students can see how close they are to earning the next "Star Award"
• Full support for the iPhone 6 / 6 Plus
• More Alarm Sounds to choose from (including some less intrusive ones). There are now 20 plus your own "recorded alarm"
• We have moved the "Reset Alarm Counter" to a more easy to find place on the main App Screen
• 3 more background themes. There are now 9 background themes to choose from. Giving a total of 63 theme combinations when combined with the 7 different dial themes.
• You can now switch the "Alarm Counter" ON or OFF
• We have optimised the "Settings Screen" layout to improve usability
Thanks again to everyone who has made suggestions for improvements. Please keep the suggestions coming. We really do act on them.
So much potential
The first time I used this app it was great. I didn't have to keep asking my class to get quiet. They knew that if the buzzer went off they lost a star, so they were self-monitoring. But the app hasn't worked that well since. My students will be talking and it won't buzz no matter how much I adjust it. Furthermore, when I try to contact the company, my the email address is invalid. Too bad. This would be a great tool if it did what it says it will.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 03, 2015
- Version: 4.11
- Size: 65.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Walsall Academy
- © Walsall Academy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.