Anyone who has attempted to keep the noise levels under control of a group of youngsters will appreciate this simple, fun and engaging app.
This is a fun app that children enjoy and respond to. It's a real boon to any adult who needs to control the levels of noise of a group of children.
Summary of Features
• Displays graphically the background noise level in a room in a fun and engaging way.
• Allows the tolerable noise level to be adjusted to cater for those "louder activities" as well compensating for banging doors and other sudden noises with the "sensitivity" and "dampening" sliders.
• When the predefined noise level is exceeded for more than 3 seconds:
1) An audible Alarm is sounded ( this can be switched ON or OFF )
2) The App appears to shatter the screen of the Device ( this can be switched ON or OFF )
3) A counter, displayed on the noise meter, is incremented by one. Keeping track of the number of “Too Noisy" alarms.
• Star Awards can be awarded at predefined time periods ( from 1 minute to 13 minutes ) for each of the 10 available "Star Awards". If students get all 10 stars a "Super Star Award" is displayed. Stars can also be manually Awarded and removed
• The app can be configured so that if the "Alarm" is triggered a "Star Award" is automatically removed. (this feature can be turned ON or OFF)
• The "Alarm Counter" can be reset or disabled completely.
• Users can email issues and / or suggestions for enhancements directly from inside the app.
• Users can share info about the app on Twitter or Facebook.
For the responsible adult it is like having a virtual assistant with you, constantly monitoring noise levels and letting the children know in a fun and engaging way if noise levels have reached an unacceptable level.
In tests we have found when using this app with groups of children peer pressure alone is generally sufficient to control noise levels.
If the noise level is acceptable a happy smiling contented graphic is displayed. If the levels of noise increase beyond what the responsible adult has determined as acceptable, the graphic changes to reflect the unacceptable noise level. Once the level of noise returns to an acceptable level the graphic automatically returns to the happy contented one, however, if the volume of noise remains unacceptably high for more than 3 seconds...an audible alarm is sounded (this can be turned on and off) and the screen of the device appears to shatter! Also, the "Alarm Counter" on the meter is incremented by one (this can be zeroed at any time with a reset button).
On occasions, it may well be that a higher level of background noise is acceptable, depending on the activity the children are engaged in. In this case the responsible adult can adjust the sensitivity of the app so that a higher level of noise is required before the graphic changes or the Alarm is triggered.
Where projectors, TV's or monitors are used, for example in classrooms, the image of the app can be mirrored to these devices so that the noise levels of larger groups of children can be controlled. Note: This feature is only available with the iPad 2, iPhone 4s and later devices and requires an Apple Digital AV / VGA adapter, or wirelessly via an Apple TV device.
Before you write a bad review, please contact us via the suggestions button in the app for solutions to problems, or to submit feature requests. We can't fix what we don't know about, and writing a bad review is not the way to report a bug! We cannot reply to negative reviews to help, so please give us a chance to respond.
We are really excited about this upgrade for 2017. We have added a "Session Timer" option so Teachers can now set a fixed period of time for the classroom noise to be monitored. If the class keep there noise levels under control for the complete session they can earn 10 Stars! There is a timer bar so all the class can see how long they have left.
We have also added an extra 3 Background themes and 3 new Dial themes to keep things fresh, so that is 120 Theme combinations with more to come... and all FREE to existing users
Thanks for all the positive feedback and suggestions for new features. We really do listen, you can contact us from inside the app, so keep the comments coming and please use this to report any bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible!
Ratings and Reviews
I love Too Noisy Pro and so do my students! It makes station time run smoothly and the students work at a very low level (or they're not talking at all). They even encourage each other to "keep it down" if they see the meter move. I've enjoyed the additional background themes and hope you add some more soon! My students love the cat, dog, and snowman backgrounds. Thank you for a great app!
I tried to contact the app support. I get an error page instead. I paid the 3.99 the first time. Then I needed an update, so I got charged again. Will I be charged every update? Overall, I really like the app. My students have responded well to it. I will continue to use the app for classroom behavior. Can someone let me know how the billing works. Thanks
Hi Mrs. ht1, Thanks so much for the kind comments regarding the app. I am pleased it works for you. We have recently increased the price of Too Noisy Pro for iOS to $4.99. This is the first price increase for a long time. We do not increase the price for updates, so you should not be charged more for future updates. I hope this reassures you, and thanks again for your support. If you have any suggestions as to how the app can be improved please feel free to contact us. You can do this from inside the app.
I can’t wait to use this with my class after Christmas break! It was recommended to me by another teacher. I LOVE that the class can EARN stars for being quiet as opposed to the ineffective LOSING of privileges. Will update once I get to use it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.