Tootdon is a Mastodon app with useful functions such as Toots search, Easy animation of profile icons and so on. With Tootdon, you can enjoy communications with people in a variety of Mastodon instances.
** Features **
· Easy animation of profile icons!
· You can search for toots, users, mastodon instances!
· You can add various timelines! (keyword search and other instances)
· Design is pop and bright!
** Main functions **
· Streaming timeline
· Multi account management
· Custom Emoji
· Customize real-time push notification
· Search function (Toots, users, instances)
· Timeline customization (Search timeline and hash tag timeline can be added)
· Supports switching of multiple instances and accounts
· Posting toots (image, visibility, CW, NSFW)
· Editing your profile
· Display of notification list (Reply, Follow, Boost, Favorites)
· Media timeline
· Favorite list
- Fixed a bug that CW disappears on actual posting even if CW is inherited on the post screen when replying to a toot with CW.
Ratings and Reviews
Good frills, problems with basics
This app does all the fancy extras like following other instances and hashtags, accessing custom emoticons, searching, etc. But it doesn’t properly support basics like including image descriptions for accessibility. Even now it occasionally fails to carry over CWs. The basics.
Right now I use Tootdon to find new content, and Amaroq to actually post and reply to things. This results in using Amaroq more even though I don’t prefer it just because it functions.
Many users also find Tootdon to be the preferred client of bad Fediverse neighbors, because of its habit of data collection. How many people REALLY use the Trends tab? Without it, the client storage of our data could stop and more people could use the app. Mastodon has native trending tags now anyway.
Interesting, Welcome Solution
So, while Twitter conflates the idea of freedom of speech with the privileges of democratized publishing, Mastodon offers a publishing platform that more so complied and values social norms.
This is a welcome change.
Of the Mastodon apps I’ve tried, this particular app sees to offer the best user experience and design. While it could certainly benefit from some UI polishing (it reminds me of the Gnome desktop for Linux), its a solid solution to mobile publishing on the platform.
I love the app but it is far from perfect. Before I can give it a five star rating I would like to see a few things addressed: 1. There is no landscape mode 2. Videos do not play with sound on my iPhone 8 unless I use my earphones 3. You have to close an image in order to open another one in the same post 4. You cannot access settings within the app, you have to go to the webpage
- Tsukurito, Inc.
- 96.9 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2017 Tsukurito, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.