Top Hat Lecture
By Top Hat Monocle
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Engage your students, save time, and have more fun teaching with Top Hat.
Join thousands of professors using Top Hat to easily create an interactive lecture experience and increase student engagement in a higher education setting. With student polling and instant response, Top Hat is ideal for professors seeking a more exciting way to teach and an easier way to increase student participation! Deliver an unprecedented education experience with the ability to run your lecture at your fingertips; control your screen and the projector all from your iPad, while students follow along on their own devices.
It’s easy to get started - you’re one easy tap away from experiencing the classroom you imagined when you started your career in education as a professor.
Free for professors!
* Deliver your lecture from the palm of your hand - Liberate yourself from the podium and deliver your lecture from anywhere in the room with our iPad app.
* Automate attendance, grading, and participation - Make your life easier and never spend hours grading quizzes again!
* Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) - Students engage with you in class from their cell phones, smart phones, tablets, or laptops! If they’re engaging with you it means they’re not on Facebook.
* Question types to meet any teaching style - Launch open ended, multiple choice, click-on-image, and discussion questions to get all students (even the shy ones) talking.
* Discussions & polling - Gain instant feedback on whether you need to cover that last concept once more before moving on.
* Assign homework and review - Preserve precious class-time by creating questions, quizzes, or assignments that students can access outside of the lecture.
What's New in Version 5.2.1
Improved performance and reliability
Favorite class at USF
Really help my large class seem small and personal. I hope more of my teachers use this. The questions used throughout the lecture was a great study tool.
Improvements to be made
I think that adding an optional sound option would be a nice touch to the app. Like sound for when slides will change or when a new alert is available. The app is good for lecture slides though.
The power points my professor posts on here never function and cannot go past 1st slide. Please fix. Very sketchy app