Top Sailor is a highly realistic sailing and motorboat simulator. Take Top Sailor with you and learn basics of sailing! See how wind force affects the sail and test your skills against AI opponents in a yacht race. Learn how to trim the sails to make the most use of wind energy. Discover when there is a risk of capsizing. Practise sailing downwind and upwind, tacking and gybing. Improve navigation skills, sail race strategy and tactics.
• Realistic simulation of sailboat and motorboat
• Six AI opponents, from newbies to experienced sailors
• Several beautiful locations to explore
• Never-ending supply of race tracks: the built-in track generator
• Adjustable weather conditions (wind strength, direction and variation)
• Apparent wind and telltale indicators
• Islands, shoals and dangerous areas
• Comparative sailing skill estimate
• Record and replay your games
• 3D stereo rendering for anaglyph glasses
• Winner of the bada Global Developer Challenge 2010!
- Updated for the iPhone XS Max and XR screens
- Fixed the black horizon graphics glitch
- "Arch Explorer" achievement can be finally completed
- New camera zooming method: double click and double click + drag
- Added missing sound effects for various locations
- Layout improvements and minor bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
Best sailing game to date!
Outstanding graphics and realism.
Unbelievable courses. Beautiful.
Request the camera button be relocated away from he sail trim slider.
Please for the love of God, have the option to move the rudder to the left side of the screen. 2 reasons; 1. Its more ergonomic. Instead of stretching your hand and loosing the ability to reach full right rudder because the main sheet is in the way - it’ll always have full range and feel more natural to how we hold the screen.
1. Always at the most inopportune times, such as when stretching your finger over to the far side of the screen to tack, if your finger lifts off the screen even just a tiny bit, the phone interprets this as minimizing the app which then causes the game to pause. But when you hit Resume, you’ve lost control.
Along with this, the main sheet often becomes unresponsive to touch.
A very frustrating and repetitive occurrence. It’s literally the only things that make me want to throw my phone. 🤣
PLEASE DEAR GOD FIX THIS ISSUE!!!!!!!!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your comments.
We just wanted to make sure: do you know that you can tilt the device to control rudder? (like a steering wheel in a car?) This is how most users control the left/right turns. Hardly anyone uses the on-screen slider.
Can you provide more details on what you mean by saying that “main sheet becomes unresponsive”. Do you mean the vertical slider on the right edge of the screen?
Not for yacht racing fans
It's a great game if you enjoy recreational sailing and or want to get a basic idea on how it works. But I found it a bit dissatisfying if your into yacht races because the boats do not have a jib or spinnaker nether does it use the 2 way floating marks but rather one way gates. Great start but could use improvement. Personally I would love it if there where more boats to chose from especially larger ones with a jib. A plus over other apps I've seen-the ability to furl your sail in heavy conditions, the amazing graphics and a great toutorial!
Yeah! It’s back!
Thank you for updating this to work on iOS 11+. It’s my favorite thing on the whole iPhone and I really missed it! I have a cruiser but this gives you such a feeling of the wind and water that I don’t miss an advanced sail plan like some other critics want. It’s simple and wonderful. Don’t change! Oh except... haha. The wind sound seems to be more extreme than the wind conditions. A fine tune if any. I really love this app!
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.