Top Sailor is a highly realistic sailing and motorboat simulator. Take Top Sailor with you and learn basics of sailing! See how wind force affects the sail and test your skills against AI opponents in a yacht race. Learn how to trim the sails to make the most use of wind energy. Discover when there is a risk of capsizing. Practise sailing downwind and upwind, tacking and gybing. Improve navigation skills, sail race strategy and tactics.
• Realistic simulation of sailboat and motorboat
• Six AI opponents, from newbies to experienced sailors
• Several beautiful locations to explore
• Never-ending supply of race tracks: the built-in track generator
• Adjustable weather conditions (wind strength, direction and variation)
• Apparent wind and telltale indicators
• Islands, shoals and dangerous areas
• Comparative sailing skill estimate
• Record and replay your games
• 3D stereo rendering for anaglyph glasses
• Winner of the bada Global Developer Challenge 2010!
- Updated for iOS 11 and new screen sizes (including iPhone X)
- Improved camera control
Ratings and Reviews
Not for yacht racing fans
It's a great game if you enjoy recreational sailing and or want to get a basic idea on how it works. But I found it a bit dissatisfying if your into yacht races because the boats do not have a jib or spinnaker nether does it use the 2 way floating marks but rather one way gates. Great start but could use improvement. Personally I would love it if there where more boats to chose from especially larger ones with a jib. A plus over other apps I've seen-the ability to furl your sail in heavy conditions, the amazing graphics and a great toutorial!
Yeah! It’s back!
Thank you for updating this to work on iOS 11+. It’s my favorite thing on the whole iPhone and I really missed it! I have a cruiser but this gives you such a feeling of the wind and water that I don’t miss an advanced sail plan like some other critics want. It’s simple and wonderful. Don’t change! Oh except... haha. The wind sound seems to be more extreme than the wind conditions. A fine tune if any. I really love this app!
Best sailing game to date!
Outstanding graphics and realism.
Unbelievable courses. Beautiful. I use it to teach my wife the relationship between rudder and direction of wind. She loves the wind direction and the subtle differences in the shape of the sail. PERFECT.
Request the camera button be relocated away from he sail trim slider. Wind shifts are, well, wind shifts. I'd love to see a flag somewhere on shore. Again, AMAZING. Thanks!
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.