By Glacier Peak Studios LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Go Deeper into the Backcountry.
** ZDNet's 24 Best iPhone or iPad apps for 2017
** Featured in Apps for the Great Outdoors
** Featured in Apps for Outdoor Adventures
** Featured in Apps for Hiking and Camping
** Featured in Offline Hiking and Travel
** Featured in Get Outside
** Featured in Apps for Plan Your Summer Vacation
"Topo Maps+ is your best backcountry companion" -- TUAW (The Unofficial Apple Weblog)
Dream Less, Adventure More! Download Topo maps for offline use while deep in the backcountry.
NEVER GET LOST AGAIN
Combine GPS with downloaded topo maps and you can view you current location on a topo map even when you are at that perfect hidden mountain lake that is days from the nearest the cell tower. Use the GPS and compass on your iPhone to see your current location and to align the map with the direction you are looking.
(GPS and compass work without an internet connection.)
APPLE WATCH SUPPORT
View your offline maps and current location just by glancing down at your wrist. You no longer need to pull your iPhone out of your bag to check your position.
Easily download USGS, MapBox, NRCAN/GEOBC, Thunderforest, and Satellite maps so you can use the maps offline while deep in the backcountry.
PLAN YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE
Be prepared for that awesome journey through majestic mountains, down flower ladened valleys, and over craggy passes. Trace routes to find approximate distances and elevation profiles between locations. After tracing a route on a topo map you can view that route on the Satellite map.
* Detailed USGS 7.5 minute topo maps for the USA. USGS topo maps are the ultimate map for hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, and other outdoor activities. They have the details you need while in the backcountry.
* Detailed USGS 7.5 minute topo maps with stunning relief shading for the USA. This gorgeous relief shading makes the USGS topo maps much easier to read and use.
* NRCAN/GEOBC topo maps for southern and western Canada.
* Thunderforest outdoor map has contour lines, trail, and outdoor features for the whole world.
* Glacier Topo map has world wide hiking and biking trails.
* MapBox Terrain is a beautiful elevation and land-use layer for the entire world, visualizing hills and elevation contour lines.
* MapBox Satellite offers highly-detailed imagery for the whole world.
* MapBox Street map is an ideal map for urban use and getting to the trail head.
* New Zealand Topo Maps from LINZ.
* US NOAA Marine Maps
* Partial US National Park Visitor Maps
* Partial US Forest Service Maps
* Download maps for use offline.
* Easily trace routes to find approximate distance between locations.
* Add waypoints to maps.
* Print maps just in case something happens to your iOS device. If you don’t have an airprint printer you can email yourself the map and print it from another computer.
* Trace over a trail on a topo map and then visualize that trail with the MapBox terrain and satellite maps.
* View your current location on the map, even if you are offline.
* Use the compass to orientate the map so you know which direction to go.
* Record your trip to see your distance, elevation profile, and average speed.
* With downloaded maps you can go deeper and farther into the backcountry without being worried about having an internet connection.
SHARE, IMPORT, & EXPORT
* Share routes, trips, and waypoints with your friends.
* Share custom map images
* Export routes, trips, and waypoints to KML & GPX files to use in other apps.
* Import routes and waypoints from KML or GPX files.
* Organize your routes, trips, and waypoints with beautiful tags.
* Share tags with your friends so they can import the data into Topo Maps+ or into another app via a KML or GPX file.
* Sync your routes, trips, subscriptions, and waypoints between all of your iOS devices.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.9
The interface is updated so you can see more of the map!
NEW MAP SELECTOR
Selecting map overlays and base maps are now together in one location to make it easier to set up a map.
FILE SYSTEM SUPPORT
You can now import and export files directly on the file system. This makes it really easy to work with files saved to your iCloud drive or Dropbox.
- You can now easily share your current location. Just tap on the blue location button and select “Share My Location”.
Updates for iOS 11
- US Forest Service 2106 map now has a hill shading option.
- Waypoint and trail name show up when zoomed out more.
- You can use the share option when printing a map to save the map to the file system or to share it with a number of other applications on iOS.
- Performance fixes.
- Crash fixes.
- Fixed a case where selecting a trail would give incorrect distances and elevation profiles.
- Bug fixes for Topo Maps+ on iOS 11.
- Fixed waypoints and current location from interfering with tracing a route.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Interface is intuitive, customer support is excellent, and innovation is ongoing. The developer definitely likes what he is doing and it shows! I like the ease of making my own routes or using the existing routes and trails. Being able to print paper maps is huge as well.
Almost impossible to add Waypoints
The author elected to utilize a Google program to add waypoints. Called a KML. The software is free😇; however, the free version has limited resources. I have a boundary and it has multiple bends. Even though it can be entered as a polygon. No corner values are referenced. Also I have multiple points to visit. No the app for me.
I use it when I go mountain biking l drop a pin or just record my track. I know all about my ride and how to get back to my Jeep.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Oct 20, 2017
- Version: 4.9
- Size: 99.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Glacier Peak Studios LLC
- © Glacier Peak Studios 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 12 Month Map Pass$19.99
- 3 Month Map Pass$11.99
- "2 Month Map Pass"$9.99
- 6 Month Map Pass$14.99
- 12 Months PRO$47.99
- 3 Months PRO$29.99
- "Upgrade to Topo Maps+ PRO for 12 months"$35.99
- "Upgrade to Topo Maps+ PRO for 12 moths"$29.99
- Topo Maps+ FreeFree
- "Upgrade to Topo Maps+ PRO for 3 months"$23.99