By Glacier Peak Studios LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Go Deeper into the Backcountry.
** ZDNet's 24 Best iPhone or iPad apps for 2017
** Featured in Apps for the Great Outdoors
** Featured in Apps for Outdoor Adventures
** Featured in Apps for Hiking and Camping
** Featured in Offline Hiking and Travel
** Featured in Get Outside
** Featured in Apps for Plan Your Summer Vacation
"Topo Maps+ is your best backcountry companion" -- TUAW (The Unofficial Apple Weblog)
Dream Less, Adventure More! Download Topo maps for offline use while deep in the backcountry.
NEVER GET LOST AGAIN
Combine GPS with downloaded topo maps and you can view you current location on a topo map even when you are at that perfect hidden mountain lake that is days from the nearest the cell tower. Use the GPS and compass on your iPhone to see your current location and to align the map with the direction you are looking.
(GPS and compass work without an internet connection.)
APPLE WATCH SUPPORT
View your offline maps and current location just by glancing down at your wrist. You no longer need to pull your iPhone out of your bag to check your position.
Easily download USGS, MapBox, NRCAN/GEOBC, Thunderforest, and Satellite maps so you can use the maps offline while deep in the backcountry.
PLAN YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE
Be prepared for that awesome journey through majestic mountains, down flower ladened valleys, and over craggy passes. Trace routes to find approximate distances and elevation profiles between locations. After tracing a route on a topo map you can view that route on the Satellite map.
* Detailed USGS 7.5 minute topo maps for the USA. USGS topo maps are the ultimate map for hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, and other outdoor activities. They have the details you need while in the backcountry.
* Detailed USGS 7.5 minute topo maps with stunning relief shading for the USA. This gorgeous relief shading makes the USGS topo maps much easier to read and use.
* NRCAN/GEOBC topo maps for southern and western Canada.
* Thunderforest outdoor map has contour lines, trail, and outdoor features for the whole world.
* Glacier Topo map has world wide hiking and biking trails.
* MapBox Terrain is a beautiful elevation and land-use layer for the entire world, visualizing hills and elevation contour lines.
* MapBox Satellite offers highly-detailed imagery for the whole world.
* MapBox Street map is an ideal map for urban use and getting to the trail head.
* New Zealand Topo Maps from LINZ.
* US NOAA Marine Maps
* Partial US National Park Visitor Maps
* Partial US Forest Service Maps
* Download maps for use offline.
* Easily trace routes to find approximate distance between locations.
* Add waypoints to maps.
* Print maps just in case something happens to your iOS device. If you don’t have an airprint printer you can email yourself the map and print it from another computer.
* Trace over a trail on a topo map and then visualize that trail with the MapBox terrain and satellite maps.
* View your current location on the map, even if you are offline.
* Use the compass to orientate the map so you know which direction to go.
* Record your trip to see your distance, elevation profile, and average speed.
* With downloaded maps you can go deeper and farther into the backcountry without being worried about having an internet connection.
SHARE, IMPORT, & EXPORT
* Share routes, trips, and waypoints with your friends.
* Share custom map images
* Export routes, trips, and waypoints to KML & GPX files to use in other apps.
* Import routes and waypoints from KML or GPX files.
* Organize your routes, trips, and waypoints with beautiful tags.
* Share tags with your friends so they can import the data into Topo Maps+ or into another app via a KML or GPX file.
* Sync your routes, trips, subscriptions, and waypoints between all of your iOS devices.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.4.2
- Fixed unable to change coordinate and datum settings.
- Fixed a crash.
- Fixed a sync lockup.
- Fixed a startup crash.
Sync is now occurs automatically in the background. This means you no longer need to press the sync button every time you want to sync your data :) Since you wouldn't want to waste battery trying to make cellular internet connections when you are hiking to sync data, the default for automatic sync is to only sync over WIFI. You can turn automatic sync on/off and sync over WIFI only on/off in the settings in the app.
IMPROVED MAP DELETION
Deleting downloaded maps is now easier. You can select multiple regions and then choose to delete all of them at once. Under My Data there is a new section for My Downloaded Maps. It shows you the total size for your maps and lets you delete all maps or delete all of one type of map.
- More trail names are printed on printed maps.
- Waypoint titles are smaller on printed maps.
- Added reverse direction to the settings for traced routes.
- Changed region selection. You now have to tap on the title or the edge. This makes it easier to work with the map when you zoom in on an area that has a region.
- Longer routes show when zoomed out.
- When you edit a route you can extend the start or end.
- You can now share or export a single waypoint.
- Fixed an issue that could cause GPS to turn off while recording a hike.
- Fixed magnetic declination on printed maps not working.
- Fixed map download status and progress not working on non-retina devices.
- Fixed going to a downloaded map from the list not working sometimes.
- Fixed edited routes & tracks not syncing.
- Fixed an issue where data could disappear after sync.
- Fixed KMZ files not importing.
- Fixed a number of crashes.
- Fixed a case where changing a trail to a dashed line wasn't working.
- Fixed sharing trails causing the coordinates get out of order in a few cases.
- Fixed rendering UTM zones on grid boundaries in the grid overlay.
- Fixed an issue that caused the elevation loss for a recorded track to show up differently on the elevation profile and the statistic page.
- The metric setting now transfers from the phone to the watch.
The Best Electronic Map Resource
This app is amazing and should be used by all outdoor enthusiasts! My friends and I were hiking the Black Mountain Crest Trail heading towards Mt. Mitchell and at the top of Celo Knob there are a lot of confusing trail crossings and blazings. We accidentally went down a wrong trail and with the help of Topo+ we knew the trail intersected down a few more miles. The Nat Geo maps did NOT have these trails and Topo+ did! Thanks and keep up the great work!
***Feb 2017 Update*** - Still 5+ stars mapping app. No other app compares! I use this on all my long distance hikes on the AT and I haven't had to use my backup paper map since I downloaded this app years ago.
Great Topo app
I love this app, I like that I can track my trails on the topo and use the gps with the topo maps. Other apps just don't cut it, this is the one for me, the one drawback is you have to subscribe to download maps for offline and when I got a new phone I had to re subscribe cause my download maps didn't transfer.
Great resource for backcountry adventures.
My best friend in the backcountry. Simply the best mapping app available for the iPhone and Apple Watch.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 02, 2017
- Version: 4.4.2
- Size: 101 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Glacier Peak Studios LLC
- © Glacier Peak Studios 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "12 Month Map Pass"$19.99
- "3 Month Map Pass"$11.99
- "2 Month Map Pass"$9.99
- "6 Month Map Pass"$14.99
- "12 Months Topo Maps+ PRO"$47.99
- "Upgrade to Topo Maps+ PRO for 12 months"$35.99
- "3 Months Topo Maps+ PRO"$29.99
- "USGS & Thunderforest Topo Maps for 6 months"$4.99
- "Upgrade to Topo Maps+ PRO for 3 months"$23.99
- "Upgrade to Topo Maps+ PRO for 12 moths"$29.99