By Glacier Peak Studios LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download USGS and Thunderforst Topo maps for offline use while deep in the backcountry.
"Topo Maps+ is your best backcountry companion" -- TUAW (The Unofficial Apple Weblog)
NEVER GET LOST AGAIN
Combine GPS with downloaded USGS and Thunderforest topo maps and you can view you current location on a topo map even when you are at that perfect hidden mountain lake that is days from the nearest the cell tower. Use the GPS and compass on your iPhone to see you current location and to align the map with the direction you are looking.
(GPS and compass work without an internet connection.)
Easily download USGS, Thunderforest, and Satellite map regions so you can use the maps offline while deep in the backcountry.
PLAN YOUT NEXT ADVENTURE
Be prepared for that awesome journey through majestic mountains, down flower ladened valleys, and over craggy passes. Trace routes to find approximate distances and elevation profiles between locations. After tracing a route on the USGS or Thunderforest topo maps you can view that route on the Satellite map.
* Detailed USGS 7.5 minute topo maps for the USA. USGS topo maps are the ultimate map for hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, and other outdoor activities. They have the details you need while in the backcountry.
* Detailed USGS 7.5 minute topo maps with stunning relief shading for the USA. This gorgeous relief shading makes the USGS topo maps much easier to read and use.
* Thunderforest outdoor map has contour lines, trail, and outdoor features for the whole world.
* MapBox Terrain is a beautiful elevation and land-use layer for the entire world, visualizing hills and elevation contour lines.
* MapBox Satellite offers highly-detailed imagery for the whole world.
* Open street map is an ideal map for urban use.
* Download maps for use offline.
* Easily trace routes to find approximate distance between locations.
* Add waypoints to maps.
* Print maps just in case something happens to your iOS device. If you don’t have an airprint printer you can email yourself the map and print it from another computer.
* Trace over a trail on the USGS topo or Thunderforest maps and then visualize that trail with the MapBox terrain and satellite maps.
* View your current location on the map, even if you are offline.
* Use the compass to orientate the map so you know which direction to go.
* Record your trip to see your distance, elevation profile, and average speed.
* With downloaded maps you can go deeper and farther into the backcountry without being worried about having an internet connection.
Share custom map images via
* Save to camera roll
* Sync your routes, trips, and waypoints between all of your iOS devices.
* Sync your map subscriptions between all of your iOS devices.
What's New in Version 2.5
- Fixed route and waypoint detail view background on iOS 7.1.
- Added auto complete when searching for a location.
- Added a map scale on zoom.
- Added a setting to turn the map scale always on.
- Added a setting to turn on distance rings to quickly measure distance on the map.
- Reorganized the download maps section.
- Added a help manual under menu -> About/Help.
- Bug Fixes
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 13, 2014
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 14.5 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Glacier Peak Studios LLC
- © Glacier Peak Studios 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- "all maps for 12 months"$9.99
- "all maps for 2 months"$4.99
- "all maps for 6 months"$9.99
- "USGS & Thunderforest Topo Maps for 6 months"$4.99
- "all maps for 3 months"$7.99
- "USGS & Thunderforest Topo Maps for 12 months"$7.99