Plan, Download, Print/Share, Use Offline!
BY backpackers FOR backpackers. This free app is fully functional with additional premium options for the serious backpacker. Downloaded, high resolution maps are still available for use even after your subscription expires!
Using a power optimized GPS mode, Topo Maps+ saves on battery life for long-lasting offline access to GPS tools deep in the backcountry.
Topo Maps+ offers both subscription (no auto-renew) access to premium maps & features as well as the ability to purchase individual maps from National Geographic and Canada’s Backroad Mapbooks.
With Topo Maps+ you can:
*Plan your next hike
*Download maps for offline access
*Print high quality custom maps
*Record your track
* Download maps for use offline.
* Easily trace routes to find approximate distance between locations.
* Add waypoints to maps.
* Print, email or share maps
* Trace over a trail on a topo map and then visualize that trail with the MapBox terrain and satellite maps.
*View you current location on a topo map even when you are days from the nearest the cell tower.
* Use the GPS and compass on your iPhone to see your current location and to align the map with the direction you are looking even without an internet connection.
Easily download USGS, US Forest Service, MapBox, NRCAN/GEOBC, Thunderforest, Satellite maps and MORE, so you can use the maps offline while deep in the backcountry.
* Detailed USGS 7.5 minute topo maps for the USA. USGS topo maps are the ultimate map for hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, and other outdoor activities. They have the details you need while in the backcountry.
* Detailed USGS 7.5 minute topo maps with stunning relief shading for the USA. This makes the USGS topo maps much easier to read and use.
* NRCAN/GEOBC topo maps for southern and western Canada.
* Thunderforest outdoor map has contour lines, trail, and outdoor features for the whole world.
* Glacier Topo map has world wide hiking and biking trails.
* MapBox Terrain is a beautiful elevation and land-use layer for the entire world, visualizing hills and elevation contour lines.
* MapBox Satellite offers highly-detailed imagery for the whole world.
* MapBox Street map is an ideal map for urban use and getting to the trail head.
* New Zealand Topo Maps from LINZ.
* US NOAA Marine Maps
* Partial US National Park Visitor Maps
* Partial US Forest Service Maps
* NeoTreks (with Pro)
* Natural Atlas (with PRO)
* Custom Maps not constrained to quadrants
* Include your routes, waypoints, elevations and more.
Share your custom maps with your party or leave one behind for loved ones to know where you will be
* Share routes, trips, and waypoints with your friends.
Share custom map images
* Save your routes, trips, and waypoints into categories
* Export routes, trips, and waypoints to KML & GPX files to use in other apps.
Import routes and waypoints from KML or GPX files.
Photo overlay (with Pro) - automatically tag photo waypoints
Always take a hard copy map with you!
FREE: Download Maps, Sync Data, Folders, Trace Routes, Elevation Profiles, Waypoints, Record Hikes, Print Maps, Export Data, Import Data, Share Data
Map Pass: everything above plus high resolution downloads
Pro: Everything above plus the Natural Atlas and Neo Treks maps, Larger area Downloads, Progress Along Trail, Trail Segments, Custom Routes, Photo Overlays, Map Overlays, Grid Overlays, Data Overlays, Edit Tracks, & Routes, Regions
View your offline maps and current location just by glancing down at your wrist. You no longer need to pull your iPhone out of your bag to check your position.
Sync your routes, trips, subscriptions, and waypoints between all of your iOS devices.
We've launched a completely new section in the app full of helpful tips and tricks! It’s organized in a way that if you’re new or a long-time user to Topo Maps+ you can find what you need quickly!
And another thing…if you don’t find it there, we've made it even easier to ask us your questions. In fact, we’ve included a button to contact us at the very top of About/Help!
Ratings and Reviews
Spend some time with it before you head out
I downloaded this for a trip to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. I went ahead and paid for the detailed maps of those parks as separate purchases. Once I got to the area, I couldn’t tell if I was using those maps. I finally realized that I wasn’t. I kept trying to download them, but iffy WiFi and cell signal in the park made it fail. I finally sent a note to support and got a reply from the founder of this app. I really can’t fault his follow up. He talked me through the maps icon showing the map you are using having a green border. The downloads have to continue until they say Open. At home this is no big deal, but on low bandwidth that download can sit in full green for a while before showing Open. I kept closing it too soon. Anyway, resolution is very good on those purchased maps and if you download them ahead of time, it is easy to use. With family sharing, others in the family can also download them. A friend that came with us got the subscription. This meant she had to download each map section. Again, better to do that before you leave stable WiFi. Only after I got home did I try my iPad. Looks great and we could have used that for planning the next days hikes over dinner. Without GPS, wifi only iPad won’t show location or path. But it is a nice big, high quality map for planning. So the interface could be easier, but it works as advertised and the founder Mr. Johnson has my thanks for reaching out to help, personally.
Professional Use, Applicable Settings, Top Tier Service
I have used this application across a wide range of use from Military use in terrain evaluation and movement. To personal hikes to get to prominent locations. I have continued to be impressed by the quality of service from the Topo Maps+ team. I also am thankful for the commitment to Service members and their families.
They have so many great features from hunting use to national parks I have used Topo Maps+ in states ranging from Washington, Utah, Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, and Arizona I have tested and used this application. It has yet to fail me in any standard from up to date maps, inputting various coordinate systems, and navigate the land from both my mobile platform and from my Mac with trails and roads easily viewable.
I have used other apps but none that have my loyalty and use like Topo Maps+.
I have used this application for over a year and depend on it weekly in career and personal use. It’s worth your consideration.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great review!
Free version has Offline Downloadable map chunks, decent resolution, and RELIABLE. GPS location compatible. I download the map chunks and use them with google earth when planning my 3-7 day hikes in "real" wilderness with only animal trails and forest service roads. I can use it for alternative routes (paths of least resistance) and emergency locations for rescue and water refill. ALWAYS share your path, and points of interest throughly with someone else, and be realistic. I can hike 4 MPH on clear roads and trails for 12 hours a day... But in the wild your paths are not straight, and the going is not that easy. For safety, I plan for 2 miles a day, and use the rest of the time for food, camp, and water. I don't want anyone fired from their job, hurt, lost, or freaking out wondering about the unknown if something were to happen to me. I'm a professional, and this a a simplified review. If you are confident, you are going to fail. Plan better. This tool helps.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Glacier Peak Studios LLC
- 159.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Glacier Peak Studios 2016
- In-App Purchases
- 12 Month Map Pass $19.99
- 3 Month Map Pass $11.99
- 12 Months PRO $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.