By Glacier Peak Studios LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Go Deeper into the Backcountry.
** ZDNet's 24 Best iPhone or iPad apps for 2017
** Featured in Apps for the Great Outdoors
** Featured in Apps for Outdoor Adventures
** Featured in Apps for Hiking and Camping
** Featured in Offline Hiking and Travel
** Featured in Get Outside
** Featured in Apps for Plan Your Summer Vacation
"Topo Maps+ is your best backcountry companion" -- TUAW (The Unofficial Apple Weblog)
Dream Less, Adventure More! Download Topo maps for offline use while deep in the backcountry.
NEVER GET LOST AGAIN
Combine GPS with downloaded topo maps and you can view you current location on a topo map even when you are at that perfect hidden mountain lake that is days from the nearest the cell tower. Use the GPS and compass on your iPhone to see your current location and to align the map with the direction you are looking.
(GPS and compass work without an internet connection.)
APPLE WATCH SUPPORT
View your offline maps and current location just by glancing down at your wrist. You no longer need to pull your iPhone out of your bag to check your position.
Easily download USGS, MapBox, NRCAN/GEOBC, Thunderforest, and Satellite maps so you can use the maps offline while deep in the backcountry.
PLAN YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE
Be prepared for that awesome journey through majestic mountains, down flower ladened valleys, and over craggy passes. Trace routes to find approximate distances and elevation profiles between locations. After tracing a route on a topo map you can view that route on the Satellite map.
* Detailed USGS 7.5 minute topo maps for the USA. USGS topo maps are the ultimate map for hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, and other outdoor activities. They have the details you need while in the backcountry.
* Detailed USGS 7.5 minute topo maps with stunning relief shading for the USA. This gorgeous relief shading makes the USGS topo maps much easier to read and use.
* NRCAN/GEOBC topo maps for southern and western Canada.
* Thunderforest outdoor map has contour lines, trail, and outdoor features for the whole world.
* Glacier Topo map has world wide hiking and biking trails.
* MapBox Terrain is a beautiful elevation and land-use layer for the entire world, visualizing hills and elevation contour lines.
* MapBox Satellite offers highly-detailed imagery for the whole world.
* MapBox Street map is an ideal map for urban use and getting to the trail head.
* New Zealand Topo Maps from LINZ.
* US NOAA Marine Maps
* Partial US National Park Visitor Maps
* Partial US Forest Service Maps
* Download maps for use offline.
* Easily trace routes to find approximate distance between locations.
* Add waypoints to maps.
* Print maps just in case something happens to your iOS device. If you don’t have an airprint printer you can email yourself the map and print it from another computer.
* Trace over a trail on a topo map and then visualize that trail with the MapBox terrain and satellite maps.
* View your current location on the map, even if you are offline.
* Use the compass to orientate the map so you know which direction to go.
* Record your trip to see your distance, elevation profile, and average speed.
* With downloaded maps you can go deeper and farther into the backcountry without being worried about having an internet connection.
SHARE, IMPORT, & EXPORT
* Share routes, trips, and waypoints with your friends.
* Share custom map images
* Export routes, trips, and waypoints to KML & GPX files to use in other apps.
* Import routes and waypoints from KML or GPX files.
* Organize your routes, trips, and waypoints with beautiful tags.
* Share tags with your friends so they can import the data into Topo Maps+ or into another app via a KML or GPX file.
* Sync your routes, trips, subscriptions, and waypoints between all of your iOS devices.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.12
• Topo Maps+ Pro now has access to the US Natural Atlas map. Natural Atlas is the ultimate US outdoor map. This amazing map combines data from the US Forest Service, National Parks, and State Parks.
• Add maps to your favorites to quickly access them at the top of the list of maps.
• New route creation tools. You can now add routes from points on the map and from waypoints.
• You can now set line styles for routes to show the direction of travel.
• Route line styles also support Wildland Fire ICS Symbols.
• Added new Wildland Fire ICS Symbols for waypoints.
• Sort routes, tracks, and waypoints.
• Performance improvements.
Not much to say beyond fantastic.
I have been using this app for almost two years now and have used it in the USA from coast to coast Hawaii and even in Guam.
It has never failed to get me information I need to make it to the trailhead and into the backcountry.
There is sometimes a little learning curve to pick the right map city, suburbs or backcountry, but once I’ve made a decision I have never Ben disappointed.
I have used this app on Three of New Zealand’s Great walks and several day hikes just inside and out of Aukland.
And just recently used it just for grins at the Great Wall outside of Beijing, don’t need a map to follow the Great Wall. My only issue there was lack of gps coverage even with a bad elf plugged into my iPhone 7 Plus.
Keep playing with the map because every time I do, I seem to find something else that's new.
I’m a tried and true paper map hiker but love this app for the holes in paper map coverage or route changes in my wanderings.
Can’t wait to try out the new US Natural Map.
GPS and Print
Always know where you are. With this app you can download your maps to your iPhone and have a printed map from the app. I never worry about my iPhone dying because I have the printed maps. I print them a bit larger so I don’t have to use my glasses. The app lets you customize the size, choose between different maps and even overlay maps to get the look you want. I also use my iPhone to check my navigation skills while using the paper map. The app shows right where you are using its GPS on the trail. Never feel lost again.
Best Topo App I've used
This app allows me to use my legacy iPhone as a fully featured GPS. The maps are update regularly and the developer is readily available to address any questions or issues. Being able to download and print any number of topo maps is worth the price of admission. This has replaced all other mapping software I previously used.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Dec 14, 2017
- Version: 4.12
- Size: 106 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Glacier Peak Studios LLC
- © Glacier Peak Studios 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 12 Month Map Pass$15.99
- 3 Month Map Pass$11.99
- "2 Month Map Pass"$9.99
- 12 Months PRO$47.99
- 6 Month Map Pass$14.99
- 3 Months PRO$29.99
- "Upgrade to Topo Maps+ PRO for 12 months"$37.99
- "Upgrade to Topo Maps+ PRO for 12 moths"$29.99
- Topo Maps+ FreeFree
- "Upgrade to Topo Maps+ PRO for 3 months"$23.99