By Davka Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Torah Notebook is the ideal tool for creating and managing Torah content on on the go! Torah Notebook includes:
* 1200 Divrei Torah, drawn from both classical and modern sources. Selections can can be tagged, edited, printed or copied and pasted into other applications.
* A search engine that allows you to search the database of Divrei Torah by word, title, and tag.
* An RSS feed that brings Divrei Torah from the Internet directly into the app. Currently, the feed incorporates Divrei Torah on the weekly Torah reading from YU Torah.
* An editor that allows you to add your own Divrei Torah to the app in Hebrew and English.
What's New in Version 1.1
• Bug fix in the RSS feed for weeks that a double parasha is read
• Added missing image in Dvar Torah Editor on iPhone
Not quite sure what it wants to be, and not very good at anything it attempts
So, what is this thing?
If it's a tool for writing divrei Torah, well, it's editor is less serviceable than the ios' built in notepad.
If it's a database of useful quotes, well none of them are properly documented. I wouldn't know how to cite them in an actual d'var.
If it's a tagged library, well I should be able to browse the tags and bring up a list of records that have that tag
If it's an rss feed reader, I should be able to add rss feeds from the URJ, the USCJ or Sacks' covenant and conversation. Instead it's just stuff from YU.
To the other commenter, the reason you are having trouble with searches is that there is just not that much to find.
This feels like an afterthought. It's shoddy. Do the people who created Davka writer not know how to create a robust editor with full ctl support?
I see that there are four tabs on the bottom of each divrei Torah, but they do nothing when I tap on them. Can you explain what those are for? I will give a better rating when I receive some feedback. Thanks
Not arranged by date or sequence. Makes it very hard to find a relevant dvar unless you basically have the Torah memorized and know what you want. Uninstalled.
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 07, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 5.2 MB
- Languages: English, Hebrew
- Seller: Davka Corporation
- © 2012, Davka Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.