Tormentum - Mystery Adventure
By OhNoo Studio
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A nameless hero finds himself in a place between fantasy and nightmare. He doesn't remember his name nor where he comes from. Wandering through strange lands, he struggles to discover the truth about the world around him, as well as about himself.
The dreamlike, nightmarish atmosphere of the game was inspired by the works of painters H.R. Giger and Zdzisław Beksiński. The game's final look and feel was also strongly influenced by the universes of games such as Demon's Souls or Dark Seed. This unique mixture gave life to a bleak and depressing world.
The story begins as the protagonist wakes up locked in a metal cage hanging below a large flying machine. It becomes clear he is its passenger against his will and the machine's destination is unknown. The only vague memory he can summon in his mind is that of a sculpture atop a hill, depicting human hands reaching towards the sky.
Those are, however, the least of his problems as the airship descends its flight towards a huge, gloomy castle which soon becomes his prison. Thus begins the surreal story bordering somewhere between dream and reality...
▪ THE GAME WORLD: 3 realms, differing in architecture and creatures inhabiting them. You'll meet characters with unique personalities who will help you - or try to prevent you from - reaching your goal.
▪ ART: 75 hand-painted stages. The game also features over a hundred additional screens as well as dozens of paintings created by the mad painter residing in the cathedral
▪ PUZZLES: During your journey you will come against 24 varied logical puzzles and minigames.
▪ STORY: A dark adventure between dream and reality.
▪ MUSIC: Exceptional soundtrack with over 40 tracks.
▪ Moral choices which will affect the game's ending.
▪ 4-6 hours gameplay.
▪ Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Polish, Russian. Italian, Portuguese, Portuguese-Brazil, Hungarian, Czech, Turkish
▶ Like us: facebook.com/OhNooStudio
▶ Twitter: @OhNooStudio
▶ Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
▶ Learn more about OhNoo games at www.OhNoo.com
What's New in Version 1.5.2
- Bug Fixes
- Support for iOS 11
The time and attention put into the artwork of each background scene is worth the price alone. There are a few instances I have come across allowing for multiple choice options so there’s replay value, too. The music is phenomenal, the story line is fascinating, and the environmental ambiance created allows for a totally submersible experience. They also nailed the difficulty level of the puzzles. I am a huge puzzle gamer and I found their balance to be perfect, it was just challenging enough without it being too easy and not so frustrating that you rage quit. I absolutely adore everything about this game and hope they come out with more.
I never write reviews nor am I a fan of point and click puzzle games like this one. I usually find them completely tedious and way to difficult. This game, however, is absolutely fantastic. While some of the puzzles are difficult, the game is linear enough so it’s relatively easy to figure out what to do next. The dialogue is short enough where it doesn’t feel like I’m reading a novel and the characters are interesting. The artwork and style is also a huge plus. Very intriguing and dark world. This is one of my favorite games on the App Store.
Just as much as it is a game, it is a work of art. OhNoo Studio composed Tormentum's elements into a beautifully cohesive combination of visual style, puzzles, music, and story. My only gripe about the game is that it was a little short, and if given more length, could have allowed a more in depth plot. But sometimes less is more. The game is not perfect, and some puzzles seem a bit clunky in their logic. All of that is forgiven though, for they were able to master the most important thing that some games lack. Immersion!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 29, 2017
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 372 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: OhNoo Studio
- © 2017 OhNoo Studio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.