**One of CNN's 7 apps to help survive a tornado**
Get your family and home ready for a tornado. The American Red Cross tornado app is the complete solution you need to understand and prepare for a tornado and all that comes with it. With interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to be ready!
Ahora disponible en español.
• Free and available in English and Spanish
• Audible siren when NOAA issues a Tornado warning for any of your monitored locations letting you know when it’s time to go to your safe room plus an all-clear alert when the warning expires (Note: Alerts' sounds will NOT override if phone is on vibrate or in sleep mode)
• Customizable alerting and push notification options.
• Easy to view alert feed with the ability to remove alerts.
• Simple step-by-step instructions to help you know what-to-do even if the cell towers and TVs are down.
• Prioritized actions for before, during, and after requires no mobile connectivity
• Help distant friends and family in tornado alley with ability to receive tornado watch and warning alerts based on their location from NOAA
• Map with open Red Cross shelters and other weather-related layers.
• Be ready should a tornado hit by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation
• Reduce your household’s stress and anxiety should a tornado hit by learning to make and practice an emergency plan
• Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your tornado knowledge
• Know the difference between a watch and a warning
• Learn how to deal with food and water impacted by floods and power outages
• Simply let friends/family know you’re safe with customizable “I’m Safe” notification sharable thru social media, text and email
• Let others know where you are with the Toolkit’s strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions
We now support the latest OS
Ratings and Reviews
Issues reported last June 2018 haven’t been answered, addressed or fixed! Severe weather had cost lives in our area and across the US the past few days and the Red Cross app doesn’t answer respond or r ad it’s reviews for their severe tornado app or notifications problem . I’ve already deleted it once as it sent a warning
Versus a watch notification, doesn’t for off as amber alerts to when phones on silent and doesn’t have special loud siren alert and only uses devices default tone. I do Disaster Recovery & Response and registered w/ VOID and a CERT team leader so this is not a consistently relatable app. Gave it another chance a year later but to no avail.
Liking the app so far but....
I recently moved to West Texas and my county doesn’t have tornado sirens and so I wanted something that will let me know what’s happening. It’s really great at notifying me when there’s a severe thunderstorm or a tornado watch ect.
I would like to see an update with the option to have the alarms/sirens override your phone sound. I almost never have my sound turned on, on my iPhone so I wouldn’t be able to hear the warning. It would be nice to have the alarm still go off when your phone is on vibrate.
Great app, 1 drawback
This is a fantastic app. Very useful and a great way to keep up with severe weather near a loved one. There is one drawback, however. When a Tornado Warning has been cancelled, I receive the exact same notification sound as a newly activated Tornado Warning. It says “Tornado Warning” and plays a recording of a tornado siren. Even though th warning was cancelled. I suggest this warning cancellation notification not say “Tornado Warning”? It would be better if the audible notification just say “Tornado Warning Cancelled” instead.
- American Red Cross
- 71.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2018 The American National Red Cross
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.