By Justin Time
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TornadoSpy with AccuSpy™ technology gives you the power to report and view official and user spotted tornadoes instantly which includes a radar snapshot of the sighting. On 5/10/10, a TornadoSpy user spotted the Oklahoma City tornado 20 MINUTES before the NOAA report, which gave other TornadoSpy users valuable lead time to escape the storm. This is a frequent occurrence since user reports are submitted and viewable immediately.
- Featured on the front page of USAToday on 5/31/11.
- Over 150,000 confirmed alerts sent out
- Over 40,000 TornadoSpy spotters in addition to professional spotters from the national weather service.
Sightings are filtered through state-of-the art AccuSpy™ technology to prevent false alerts and only send you the most accurate sightings.
- Track tornado movement worldwide on the built-in map
- Report nearby tornadoes with a simple touch
- Includes radar snapshot of sightings
- Includes official reports from National Weather Service storm spotters
- Share and view tornado photos in seconds
- Filter sightings by spotter ratings
- View previous tornadoes
- Write storm report notes
- Users can rate sightings submitted by other users
- Landscape or portrait orientations
- AccuSpy™ state-of-the art storm spotting
Download now, and become a part of the fastest and largest worldwide storm spotting network.
Demo video can be seen at justintimeapps.com/ts.html
Check out these other apps from justintimeapps:
TornadoSpy+HD (For the iPad)
For every tornado outbreak this year in the US, there have been corresponding reports in TornadoSpy. You can verify this by using the history feature in the app. There is also NOT a subscription fee, and the app currently has a large enough user base such that it has provided alerts up to 30 minutes before the standard NOAA sightings are issued. Also, the Missouri tornado mentioned in the comments was published (picture and all) well before the NOAA sighting.
Add email@example.com to your address book to assure that you receive alerts.
What's New in Version 2.9
- In-app purchases actually work now
- Added landscape mode
Very useful; some quirks but worth it
I like it during tornado storms. It lets me map sightings near me exactly with the map range I care about.
Good but not great
The only thing I want is fixing like bugs and the radio no offecne
Don't get the radio. Didn't work for me in central Texas.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Mar 22, 2013
- Version: 2.9
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Justin Graham
- © 2009-2011 JustinTimeApps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Fast Animated Radar (US)$0.99
- Extreme Weather Radio $0.99