Lose Yourself Without Getting Lost.
This handy application presents you several self-guided walks featuring the best of the city, from world famous attractions to hidden gems. There simply is no better way to see a city on foot, at your own pace and at a cost that is only a fraction of what you would normally pay for a guided tour.
This app comes with a detailed and fully functional city map to help you explore the city and locate the sights of interest. City map functions included in this app are: street name and business (restaurants, cafes, etc.), search, location bookmarking, `Findme` (iPhone and iPad 3/4G model), movement tracking (iPhone and iPad 3/4G model), and more. You can track your steps, take photos along the way, and then share your tracks and photos with friends.
Sightseeing walks included in this application are:
* City Orientation Walk I (9 sights)
* City Orientation Walk II (12 sights)
* Toronto History Walk (9 sights)
* Toronto Museums & Galleries (8 sights)
* Christian Sights of Toronto (8 sights)
* Art Lover's Toronto Tour (5 sights)
* Toronto's Waterfront Tour (8 sights)
* Toronto Islands Tour (8 sights)
* Cabbagetown Walk in Toronto (9 sights)
* Shopping Tour of Toronto (9 sights)
* Souvenir Shopping Part 1 (8 sights)
* Souvenir Shopping Part 2 (6 sights)
* Downtown Nightlife Part 1 (9 sights)
* Downtown Nightlife Part 2 (8 sights)
Discovery walks included in this application are:
* Cabbagetown Architecture Viewing Walk
* Queen West and Fashion District
* Yorkville Shopping Walk
* Danforth (Greektown) Walk
* Roncesvalles Village Shopping and Dining
No Data Plan or Internet is Needed, and No Roaming either. All the data used in this app is built into the software, so there is no need for internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app works with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
All the navigation features related to the city walks are disabled in this Lite version, which means that you can view the walk details (sight descriptions and photos), but NO navigation assistance is provided to guide you from one sight to the next. Download the Lite version if you want to use the city map or learn about the city walks. However, if you want to join the walks, it is highly recommended that you download a Full Version of this app. The Full Version includes detailed walk route maps to guide you from one sight to the next.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. This app gives you the option to turn off the GPS tracking in the background to prolong the battery life.
- User interface and stability enhancements.
- Added tutorial videos.
Ratings and Reviews
False claim that it doesn't need GPS
The first thing this app wants is to use location services, even when the app is not in use. The one draw of this app is that it did not needs an internet connection for use. Why would it need to use location services, even while not in use?
- GPSmyCity.com, Inc.
- 118.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2010 GPSmyCity.com, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.