The Tortoise and the Hare: REMATCH!
By See Here Studios LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
What happens AFTER Tortoise and Hare’s famous race? While Tortoise has become a famous fitness expert, Hare is in therapy with a bruised ego. Seeking advice from the wise old Owl, Hare learns to "try, try again"!
"My students were mesmerized from the very beginning. The illustrations are beautifully done and the narration is amazing. The interactivity is just perfect and does not distract from the story." - Educator Review, SpeechLanguageNeighborhood.com
Written and illustrated by Wallace E. Keller, the creator of the award-winning iPad children’s book “The Wrong Side of the Bed,” REMATCH begins with a retelling of the classic fable and adds a hilarious new continuation to the story.
"Kids will love hearing the Hare snore under the tree and seeing his eyes pop when he loses to the Tortoise. Parents will grin at the cover of Good Sport magazine....Overall, perseverance, patience and good sportsmanship rule the day in this colorful sequel." - Kirkus Reviews
"The storybook has beautiful graphics that are very eye-catching and appealing. I loved the narrator’s tone and inflections for the Tortoise and the Hare. The animations help to hold the attention of younger and older readers alike." - The iPhone Mom
• 34 richly illustrated storybook pages
• A witty, comical and thought-provoking story
• Over 90 interactive touch spots - tickle the characters to see them react!
• Animated mini-movies, an original musical score and humorous sound effects provide a dynamic multimedia reading experience
• Audio options for “Read to Me” (narration read by the author) or “Read Myself”
• Includes Auto-play feature for automatic page turning
• Written for ages 4 and up!
Author/illustrator Wallace E. Keller has illustrated children’s books for Scholastic, Harcourt, Rizzoli International, McGraw-Hill and Houghton Mifflin. His book app "The Wrong Side of the Bed" received a Kirkus Star and was selected as a best children’s book app by Kirkus Reviews, iPhone Life, Digital Storytime and Babble.
Visit seeherestudios.com/freebies for book freebies -
Tortoise Yoga poses and fun iPad/iPhone wallpapers!
The Tortoise and the Hare: REMATCH! is part of the Tickle Books® line of touchable animated children's books from See Here Studios, combining the quality of traditional printed children’s books with the engaging features of digital media to nurture a life-long love of reading.
Need Help? Contact us 24/7 for customer support at email@example.com.
Explore other captivating children's book apps from See Here Studios:
- The Wrong Side of the Bed 3D! - What happens when you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? An award-winning topsy-turvy story viewable in both 3D & 2D.
- Fam Bam: Got To Have Music - A musical story featuring celebrity vocals by Brandy, Ray J, Sonja and Willie Norwood.
- The Three Pandas - A modern reinterpretation of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears," transported to the bamboo forest and the home of three adorable panda bears.
- Twinkle Twinkle - A Twinkle Twinkle Little Star storybook & music video developed with educational favorites Super Simple Learning.
See Here Studios is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 4-7
Categories: Book, Classics, Reading
What's New in Version 1.2
- Added instructions and touch spots to the first cover page of the book.
- Need Help? Contact us 24/7 with any questions or comments at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank You for your reviews and feedback!
Great app for Speech Therapy!
My students adored this app and loved predicting and then finding out what happens after the first race. I was able to work on vocabulary (hare vs. hair, tortoise vs. turtle), listening comprehension (who was sleeping?, why did Hare lose the race?, who helped the Hare?), grammar (present tense verbs-the tortoise is running, past tense verbs-the Hare slept too long), and pragmatics (was the Hare a nice friend?). Beautifully illustrated with just the right amount of animation and narrated with a nice soothing voice. Works perfectly with school based curriculum and encourages students think outside of the box!! A Must have for any Speech Pathologist or teacher!
Sequel To A Classic Fable
As a teacher, I am always looking for different versions to the stories we are reading in class. This ebook perfectly mets the criterial. It not only follows the fable of the Tortoise and the Hare but continues the story. My 1st grader students loved not only the story but the illustrations. They were enthralled by the interactive element included. As a teacher, I appreciate that my reluctant readers could have the story read to them while my strong readers could read the story themselves. I highly recommend this app!
What an endearing story!
Now we finally know what happened after their first race. This is such a wonderful book; it has very pleasant background music and lovely graphics. But best of all, are the great lessons to be learned from it. The interactions are simple and not too much as to detract from the story, which is perfect. This is a definite download for all little ones. Very well done.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Mar 30, 2012
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 78.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: See Here Studios LLC
- © 2012 See Here Studios LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.