Total Boox for Libraries
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Total Boox is the ultimate, easy-to-use ebook library of over 60,000 titles.
· All ebooks are always available for all patrons.
· You never have to wait to download an ebook.
· You may download as many titles as you want.
· You can keep what you read on your device indefinitely.
· Read using our state-of-the art free reading app.
· Reading is free, courtesy of your library.
Participating libraries (please visit our website for a complete list):
· Anythink Libraries, Colorado
· Brazoria County Library System, Texas
· Livingston County Public Library, Kentucky
· The Ferguson Library, Stamford, Connecticut
· Marinet Libraries, California
· Oakland Public Library, California
· Peninsula Library System, California
· San Francisco Public Library, California
· San Jose Public Library, California
· Santa Clara County Library, California
· Solano Napa and Partners Library Consortium, California
· Suffolk Public Library, Virginia
· State Library of Kansas, Kansas
· Westchester Library System, New York
· Williamson County Public Library, Tenessee
What's New in Version 1.4.3
Log in and menu improvements.
Needs LARGER font, night mode
An update: I'm taking away a star. For some reason, during the last book I read, the font kept changing. I would set it to its maximum level (which is not big enough) and when I went back to app after a break the font size would be smaller and I'd have to reset it over and over again.
So... I saw this advertised on bookmarks in my local library and decided to check it out. I was glad to see an app for it and it looks like there are definitely books I would like to read. From my limited usage so far I can see only one serious drawback: the font size maxes out too quickly. To avoid having to wear glasses, I would REALLY appreciate being able to make the font larger.
With a larger font I'd probably give it 4 stars. Finding and loading books was easy and inputting my library information was a breeze. There doesn't seem to be a night mode on the iPad but there is on the iPhone. It would be a great feature as would a way to tell time while reading.
This app functions poorly for guidebooks like Lonely Planet. Links within the books do not work and bookmarks are not saved. Also, the app lacks a basic search function, making it extremely difficult to find any information you are looking for.
I'm using it to look at travel guides from my library. Has crashed at least 3 times in less than an hour of actual usage on an iPhone 6.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Aug 10, 2016
- Version: 1.4.3
- Size: 8.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TOTAL BOOX LTD.
- © Total BooX Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.