Touch Bible HD - KJV + Strongs Concordance, Offline Bible & Lexicons
By Patrick Franklin
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Touch Bible - KJV Only Bible works without internet and reads the Bible out loud. It includes a Strong's Concordance, Easton's definitions for books, study articles and now connects with Apple Watch! Many helpful features! Read more!
Touch Bible is an app that will get you more involved in bible study. You'll love it at church. You'll love it everywhere else too!
** Apple Watch **
Interact with Touch Bible from your Apple Watch. Listen to the current chapter or select another book and chapter. Read from your wrist or listen from your iPhone.
** FINALLY Read the Entire Bible **
Touch Bible will help you read the entire bible in less than a year. The reading plan and audio Bible means you can read or listen to the Bible.
** Strong's Concordance **
Touch Bible helps you comprehend tough words. Those difficult words are finally given clarity with only a tap. What is the Strong's Concordance? The words in the Bible are numbered. Those numbers (Strong numbers) are tied to definitions (lexicons) from the original languages of the Bible. Sounds technical? Touch Bible makes this so easy:
1. While you read the bible you'll see that most words are buttons.
2. Tap on a word and you'll get so much information about the word. If you need to look up a word simply search for it (or it's number) and tap the link in the Bible reader.
What resources are included in the Concordance?
- Instant definitions include information from combined resources:
+ "Strong's Lexicons" (Greek and Hebrew)
+ "Brown, Driver, Briggs Lexicon" (BDB)
+ "Theological Word Book of the O.T."
+ "Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary"
** List of Benefits **
- Attach Images to your own notes (church bulletins, etc.).
- Search for words or Strong numbers!
- Online Study system with thousands of articles
- Universal - works on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
- Dial a Verse : Touch Bible's way of looking up scripture FAST (See Screenshots)
- Shake a Verse : Like flipping through the pages of a book to find a page to read. Open Dial-a-Verse and shake!
- Fast & intelligent keyword search with verse preview & many search options
- Bookmarks : Includes Verse Preview!
- Keep personal study notes, even while you read!
- Attach notes to Verses, they appear in the margin.
- Highlight verses with yellow, red, blue or green colors.
- Readability : spread out words, adjustable font sizes
- Night Mode : for reading in low light situations
- Online Study : Thousands of articles on topics through out the Bible.
- Reading Plan : the best way to understand context is to read the entire bible.
- Facebook: Share verses and notes on Facebook.
** Example Definition **
Example of "grace" in the combined lexicons:
"#5485 -9:372,1298 - χάρις - cháris - Noun Femininekhar'-ece - from (5463)"
from 5463; graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude):--acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace(- ious), joy, liberality, pleasure, thank(-s, -worthy).
- that which affords joy,
- pleasure, delight, sweetness,
- charm, loveliness: grace of speech
2) good will, loving-kindness... [AND IT KEEPS GOING].
** Touch Bible HD is Universal**
This version is Universal app; it works on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
** Visually Impaired **
Touch Bible utilizes VoiceOver to make reading the Bible easier for the visually impaired. Learn more at touchbible.com/voiceover
** Touch Bible KJV **
Try the free Touch Bible KJV. It is a separate app that is not watered down, not a demo app, and not a downgrade. It's God's word the way it should be, free.
What's New in Version 3.5.1
• Fixed Bug in iOS 9: colors & Extras
• Apple Watch App Support
• Multiple Voices Selections and Reading Speeds
• Highlight with Multiple Colors
Great reference tool, but...
This app is wonderful for finding verses you just can't seem to remember right off the top of your head, but while studying alongside a couple print Bibles, I have noticed a few misspellings and a missed punctuation marks here and there. It's not to the point where one can't grasp the meaning of the text, but they are still typos. Overall, I love the built-in Strongs feature, the note-taking option, and the full-Bible search tool, but there are a few drawbacks.
Touch Bible review
Doesn't have Jesus speech in RED. Tried to pull up in Search , "to the Jews first" which is mentioned in several chapters, and NO RESULTS FOUND. Found it immediately in Bible Gateway, which is FREE. ALSO, can't highlight certain texts so that when you pull up that chapter, it will remind you of what your previous search was. BARELY HALF STAR.
For the purpose of clarifying some mistakes in another review, this app's search feature works fine. Here is the correction, the phrase "to the Jews first" is not only not in the Bible a few times, but it's not in there at all. The term used in the Bible is "to the Jew first" slight, and it's only in the Bible twice: Romans 1:16, 2:10. This was not written in any way to be rude, but so future readers would not be deterred by false information (most likely not purposely false, innocent accident). Hopefully this is helpful.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Oct 13, 2015
- Version: 3.5.1
- Size: 26.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, German, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Patrick Franklin
- © 2011 Patrick Franklin
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.