Touch Bible (KJV + Strong's Concordance)
By Patrick Franklin
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This KJV Only Bible works without internet and includes
-- Strong's Concordance with combined lexicons (BDB, TWOT & more) -- Easton's definitions for books & online Study resources. Audio features (with Voice Over, please see below)
-- Reading plan, and many helpful features! Get the details, Read more! ↘
** Touch Bible **
This version works on the iPhone and iPod Touch, but isn't Universal. Check Out Touch Bible HD (KJV + Strong's) for a Universal version of this app.
Touch Bible helps you comprehend tough words so you will enjoy reading the Bible more than ever! Those lesser known words of the Bible are finally given clarity with only a tap.
** Strong's Concordance? **
What is the Strong's Concordance? The words in the Bible are numbered. Those numbers (Strong numbers) are tied to verses and definitions (lexicons) from the original languages of the Bible. You can find verses and definitions using these numbers.
Sounds technical (and it used to be), but Touch Bible makes this super easy:
1. While you read the bible you'll see that most words are links.
2. Tap on a linked word and you'll get so much information about the word.
- If you need to look up a word simply search for it (or it's number) and tap the link in the Bible reader.
** List of Benefits **
What resources are included in the Concordance?
- Instant definitions include information from combined resources:
+ "Strong's Lexicons" (Greek and Hebrew)
+ "Brown, Driver, Briggs Lexicon" (BDB)
+ "Theological Word Book of the O.T."
+ "Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary"
Search verses for words or Strong Numbers!
- Online Study system with thousands of articles
- Dial a Verse : Touch Bible's way of looking up scripture FAST (See Screenshots)
- Shake a Verse : Like flipping through the pages of a book to find a page to read. Open Dial-a-Verse and shake!
- Fast & intelligent keyword search with verse preview & many search options
- Bookmarks : Includes Verse Preview!
- Keep personal study notes, even while you read!
- Attach notes to Verses, they appear in the margin.
- Highlight verses
- Readability : spread out words, adjustable font sizes
- Night Mode : for reading in low light situations
- Online Study : Thousands of articles on topics through out the Bible.
- Reading Plan : the best way to understand context is to read the entire bible.
Touch Bible is so inexpensive. It's a lot of app for a tiny price!
** Example Definition **
Here is an example of "grace" in the combined lexicons:
"#5485 -9:372,1298 - χάρις - cháris - Noun Femininekhar'-ece - from (5463)"
from 5463; graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude):--acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace(- ious), joy, liberality, pleasure, thank(-s, -worthy).
- that which affords joy,
- pleasure, delight, sweetness,
- charm, loveliness: grace of speech
2) good will, loving-kindness, favour
- of the merciful kindness by which
- God, exerting his holy influence
- upon souls, turns them to Christ,
- keeps, strengthens, increases them
- in Christian faith, knowledge, affection,
- and kindles them to the exercise of the
- Christian virtues
3) what is due to grace
- the spiritual condition of one governed
- by the power of divine grace
- the token or proof of grace,
- a gift of grace
- benefit, bounty
4) thanks, (for benefits, services, favours), recompense, reward
** Visually Impaired **
Touch Bible utilizes VoiceOver to make aid the visually impaired. It gives Touch Bible features of an audio bible. Learn more at touchbible.com/voiceover
** Touch Bible KJV **
Try the free Touch Bible KJV. It is a separate app that is not watered down, not a demo app, and not a downgrade. It's God's word the way it should be, free.
What's New in Version 2.0
+ "Strong's Lexicons" (Greek and Hebrew) - + - "Brown, Driver, Briggs Lexicon" (BDB) - + - "Theological Word Book of the O.T." - + - "Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary" - + - "Kittel"
-Voice Over reads the Bible in a better way (see touchbible.org/voiceover)
-Search for words or Strong numbers!
-Online Study system with thousands of articles
-improved Notes feature
-Dial-a-Verse runs smoother
-Make bubbles around the words optional
-Improved interface with Retina Display graphics
-Email Notes to yourself using your own mail program*
-Improved Extras section
Need an iPad version? Check out Touch Bible HD -- KJV + Strong's
Remember to backup your notes and bookmarks before updating!
Copying sections to notes
Just recently updated the app and now the number of the verses are not all to the left side of the page, but are now staggered making it way too difficult to copy & paste to notes section for my thoughts on a verse/section. Not sure I like the paleness of the highlighted concordance words....not enough contrast for ease of use. I paid for this app specifically for the concordance and whether the contrast is changed through settings or not misses the point, as the previous version was more intuitive, at least for what I used it for. I do like the layout of the concordance...it seems more graphic and has more immediate examples of words in context.
Nice features, but slow
The features in this app are well thought-out: the Strong's links on every word are great; dial-a-verse is a good way to navigate; search options are quite handy; notes and bookmarks are nice pluses.
But opening the app takes a while, particularly for just looking up a quick verse; and waiting for the search and occasional glitches can be annoying. Because of this, I recommend ebible or pocketsword [great free resources that operate more quickly].
However, it would be nice to roll the features of all 3 apps into one :-/. Hence I utilize them all.
It changed my life!
Now we don't need to learn greek or hebrew to know what the word of God really means! It is awesome, the strong's concordance is the best app a christian could ever get, it has changed my life and God is revealing to me so much through it! And it's price is hilarious! I don't really understand why some complain about it. Let's thank its developers about this great tool. Bless you all, Oliver.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jun 15, 2011
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 16.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Patrick Franklin
- © 2009 Patrick Franklin
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.