Touch Icon Creator
By Makoto Setoh
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create custom icons for your Home screen!
It's easy to create your own original icon for your iPhone Home screen using this app.
Because the behaviors of the operating system have been changed, the icons which had been working up to the iOS6 have not been working on the iOS 7.
I am sorry for taking up your time, but I would like to request you to recreate the icons using this version of the app.
IT'S REALLY EASY!
- Select a photo saved in your iPhone that you wish to use, and then choose the area you wish to make into the icon.
- Enter the title and type (phone number, SMS, Email address, URL).
- Tap the create button.
- When you upload the photo, Safari will launch, so follow instructions there to add the icon onto your Home screen.
You can create as many icons you as you like.
Go ahead and add icons of friends and family, or anything else you'd like on your Home screen!
WHY USE THIS APP?
- Private information, such as phone numbers and Email addresses, are not transmitted to the site, so it is safer to use (only the icon image and title are actually sent).
- Exclusive to this app, you can turn off the dialing confirmation dialog, allowing a smooth one-touch dialing from your custom icon (selectable via iPhone's Settings).
** IMPORTANT **
- Any custom icons created on your Home screen will become unusable if you uninstall this app.
- The contents of a custom icon can't be changed once created. You need to delete the icon and create the icon again.
What's New in Version 4.2
Bug fix for iOS7
I have used this app for many years. I use it for both dialing phone numbers and accessing URLs. I do not understand the latest negative review. Apparently the individual does not know how to use the app and I'm not sure what it is he wanted it to do. The slowest part is deciding which of my pictures I want to use. After that it's fast and easy. It is the only app that I have found that will allow me to create my own icons with my own images for both phone numbers and URLs and my biggest fear is that it will not be updated for the latest operating systems. Please keep it up-to-date! It's a great app!
I like it!
I have an iPhone 4S, and I have used this app to create little pics (icons) of my kids on my home screen. I love seeing their random goofy facial expressions when I light up my phone!
There have been a few bugs since last update, but not enough to make me hate it.
The most annoying glitch is it sometimes changes my icons to all the same picture. No clue what triggers the switch, but it only takes powering off my phone then back on again for the pics to switch back.
Love this app, easy to set up. Very convenient!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 01, 2013
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 7.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese
- Seller: Makoto Setoh
- © 2013 Makoto Setoh
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.