By Megan Holstein
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• All children need to learn language to communicate, and teaching them can seem difficult. With an easy to navigate menu and intuitively simple controls, Touch Talking is the app for your child to learn basic nouns of the English language.
• Touch Talking is an app designed for young toddlers as a speech learning assistant, displaying pictures of common objects. When the child taps on this picture, the name of the object plays. double tap on any image on the home page, and it opens up the category.
• This app was concieved from the idea of PECS; instead of having to carry a book with PECS cards around, this app enables you to have them in your hand on your iPad, iPhone or iPod whenever you need them.
★ The aim of this app is to assist autistic and special needs children in communication. The simple design and many options for display are meant to cater to any autistic child's needs.
★ Double Tap to Open Categories ★
✔ choose either a male or female voice
✔ Display a cartoon image, or a real picture of the item.
Below is a summary of the categories and objects currently available:
- Household - Cleaning
- Foods - Animals
- Furniture - Utensils
- Vehicles - Clothes
- Nature - Body Parts
- Directions - Face
- Colors - Places
- Moods - Movements
- Phrases - Sports
Contact email@example.com for support, rating and reviews, or more category/app ideas.
Pufferfish Software takes children's safety very seriously. We will never sell information we obtain to a 3rd party, intentionally or knowingly.
Our apps do not:
- Contain ads
- Integrate with any social networks
- Link to other apps within themselves
- Use any analytics or data collection
There are known bugs with one work speaking quietly, one male voice speaking female, and the fame voice for glass speaking cup. These have not been fixed because I'm not able to get in touch with the person that voiced the app, but they will be fixed ASAP. Thank you for your understanding. (:
What's New in Version 2
-Double tap to open a category, instead of tapping a corner.
-A brand new page of categories - including directions, phrases, and other intangible concepts as well as physical objects.
-Brand new graphics that are more colorful and child-friendly.
Good concept few words
Would work better if each category leads to more words. For now it's a waste of money.
Good App, THANKS!
This application is perfect in assisting autistic and special needs children with communications. It is a great help and aid, allot earlier than carrying around all of the PECS cards. I highly recommend this to parents and care-givers. Easy to use and engaging. Good APP, keep is simple is always best, Great Job!!
Not enough words
Every category, 10 in total, ONLY comes with 9 words. Why so few? Hopefully, we get un update soon. You can go through all the words in less than 5 minutes, which makes it a rip off.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 20, 2012
- Version: 2
- Size: 65.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Megan Holstein
- © 2011 Pufferfish Software Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.