touchAble Pro makes it easy to produce and perform music in Ableton Live by putting everything you need directly at your fingertips.
Eight years ago touchAble defined what a touch controller app for Live could do. touchAble Pro has been reimagined and recoded from the ground up, incorporating years of feedback from musicians at every level.
touchAble Pro provides a cleaner interface, allows much more powerful customization and gives you the deepest access possible to Ableton Live.
From waveform views to editors to automations - with touchAble Pro, you now have the complete Ableton Live experience literally at your fingertips. You can perform and edit without ever touching a mouse, you can customize your experience to access exactly the controls you need to edit or play. You’ll gain complete control that’s as portable as the smartphone, tablet or laptop you’re carrying with you.
- Audio clip view with waveforms, including side-by-side waveform view
- Edit patterns easier and faster than ever with the new piano roll view
- Draw and edit Clip-Automations
- Templates for Live devices are now included at no added cost
- Access a tracks I/O right from the app.
- Make your own Device templates, with complete support for third-party plug-ins and Max for Live (IAP - soon to come)
- Build your own complete custom layouts with the overhauled Template Editor
- Make performance-friendly templates that include focus on individual clips and scenes, custom controls and even full modules.
- New layout options: view modules fullscreen or duplicate them side by side
- For iPhone & iPad (Universal)
touchAble lets you access all of Ableton Live via simple, robust connections, either wired or wireless, and provides access to nearly every aspect of the software. touchAble Pro builds on that support with an updated interface for all of the features that made touchAble popular:
- Control the transport, metronome, cues, and quantization
- Trigger clips and scenes and control looping
- Arm, mute, and solo tracks
- Adjust monitoring
- Mix, pan, crossfade, and control sends and returns
- Play instruments with grid or piano-style layouts, with scales, note repeat, aftertouch, and velocity (based on finger position)
- Control device parameters, using faders or assignable X/Y pad modules
- X/Y Pad: assign physics, make and morph snapshots or even record full gestures
- Navigate Live’s Browser, and drag and drop Devices and samples
Please find the Server and installation instructions on http://www.touch-able.com
Requires iOS 9.3
Requires the latest version of Ableton Live 9 or 10
Introduction: https://youtu.be/H6EnpjfztNw (Youtube)
Features: https://youtu.be/R4_GRVPbDn8 (Youtube)
Multiplatform demo: https://youtu.be/-NPXlJcyELY (Youtube)
A few graphical enhancements.
Filter curves will now be displayed correctly again.
Fixed a possible crash when reconnecting
Ratings and Reviews
This is it!
This is a major upgrade from the original. Worth every penny. I’ve used touchable since the beginning and although it was better than other Ableton controllers, I struggled with some of the functionality and screens. This pro version fixed all of the issues I had with the original touchable. The screen and text is so clear. The various windows are much more intuitive. They kept it familiar to the original but managed to improve the ease and functionality of getting around and getting things done. This is now easier than my Push 2, although I’m using them both in different areas of my setup. Well done on this version! Well done!
Seems Like Some Early Bugs to Be Worked Out
I’m just starting to run through the app to learn the basics and I am running into problems. It is closing out suddenly when I try to add Omnisphere from the browser. Also one of the clip cells keeps flashing the red circle as if to say ready to record even though the track isn’t in focus nor is it reflected on my Mac. When I am in Clip View module and scroll far right the tracks headers stop when I reach the end but the clip columns below keep going (detached from the headers). May need some tuning up before the app is really usable. I’m optimistic though. It’s a really nice looking app and if it becomes solid I can envision it being awesome.
You guys took a awesome app and totally dropped the ball! Why get rid of soooo many quick features? I wish I could get me money back now! waited for this and now this is the biggest disappointment Ever... smh
Hey Dj Kdogg,
would you mind telling us a bit more in detail what features you are missing? We'll try to make the experience just as complete as touchAble 3.
You can do so either on the forums: http://community.zerodebug.com
or drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
I think if you decide to return the app you can still do so via Apples iTunes.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.