Kalkulilo is a comfortable calculator program and offers several different modes.
- The scientific mode offers all the usual functions and operations like the basic arithmetical operations, power, logarithm, roots, trigonometry etc.
- The bit/integer mode offers logical operations (AND, OR, XOR, >>, etc.) on bit level. All values can be displayed as binary, octal, decimal or hexadecimal numbers. Calculations can be done in 8, 16 32 or 64 bits.
- In the statistics mode you can create a sample by adding several values and then calculate mean, median, quantil values, variance, standard deviation, range etc.
- Trigonometry mode provides lots of trigonometric functions
- The base/radix mode allows you to do calculations with numbers of base 2 to base 36
- The Time mode lets you directly work with time values (hours, minutes seconds)
- A simple calculator is also included, with just the basic operators and large buttons.
Colorized keys will help to distinguish between the different categories of the functions and operations. The user interface (design, colors) can be customized.
The App also includes a calculator widget for the notification center and a calculator App for the Apple Watch.
Note: This app uses ads to generate revenue to cover the costs for developement and support, and to be able to provide the App for free. But you can get rid of the ads permanently for a small fee via In-App purchase.
- Support for the new iPhone XS, XS Max, Xr added
- Support for the new iPad Pro 11" and iPad Pro 12,9" added
- Support for the new Apple Watch 4 added
- Complications for the Apple Watch added, which can be used to quickly launch the Calculator on the watch
Ratings and Reviews
This is my go-to calculator for iPhone. It has everything you need for scientific, bit/integer, and statistics. I feel it was written for programmers. There are many cool options such as adjustable bit depth, etc. The negative reviews complaining about ads should pony up the money and buy the app!
This app has more than I need(persistent memory), but not so much it’s bloated (eg graphing). It even does some things I can definitely use: Time conversions, binary logs, word and byte swapping.
Just what I needed!
I'm visually handicapped, and I've looked all over for a decent, well-designed calculator with the functions I need. The contrast on the button layout is helpful.
In earlier versions, I was annoyed by some rather poor VoiceOver support. It seems to have improved greatly, and as a bonus the developer has now added support for the Apple Watch! What's pleasing is that the Apple Watch support is actually well thought out. It works far better than other calculators I've tried on it. It was immediately usable and I am highly appreciative of that.
I've finally reached the point where I am deleting the other calculators I use. This app now does it all for me, and does it well.
- Alexander Clauss
- 14.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018, Alexander Clauss
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.