By Elevenworks LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TouchDraw is a vector drawing application for the iPad.
TouchDraw gives you everything you need to create structured 2D vector graphics such as flow charts, graphs, diagrams, illustrations, logos and floor plans just to name a few. What makes TouchDraw especially valuable is that it allows you to not only create complex graphics, but to change them easily as well.
TouchDraw differs from a paint program in that objects are always managed independently of the drawing they're in. You can move a figure around, change it's shape, change it's color, group it, without affecting other shapes that are around around.
* Create your own libraries of re-usable shapes, or use one of the bundled libraries. The following libraries are included with TouchDraw
- Common networking shapes
- Basic Flowcharting
- Basic Architectural shapes
- Basic Icon Library
- Balloons and Callouts
- Simple Shapes (hearts, diamonds, arrows, etc...)
- Import, Export and Sharing
* Export your drawings via the following formats:
- Visio (VDX/XML Drawing format only)
* Import drawings in the following formats:
- Visio (VDX/XML Drawing format only)
- EMF (Windows Enhanced Metafile)
- WMF (Windows Metafile)
* Support for pasting images into TouchDraw in the following formats:
* Integration with the iPad photo library for both import and export.
Cloud Storage Support
* Support the following cloud storage providers:
- Google Drive
* Support to organize your drawings until nested folders. You are not limited to the single documents directory like other iPad apps.
* Rounded Rectangles
* Path Tool
- Easily create complex curves, shapes and paths
* Freehand Tool
- Turn freehand lines into smooth curves
* Image Tool
- Add images from your photo library to your drawings.
* Text Tool
- Support for font, style, size and alignment configuration
* Unlimited levels of zoom
* Dynamic canvas size
- No artificial limits on the size of your drawings
- Move items between drawings or into other apps.
* Grid & Rulers
- Unit aware grid support with optional snap to grid support.
- Visual feedback to your current location within a drawing.
* Alignment (align left, align right, etc...)
* Ordering (move to front, move to back, etc...)
* Line decorations (arrowheads, etc...)
- Organize your drawings into multiple layers.
- Support for printing to AirPrint enabled printers.
* Connectable graphs
- Support for creating flow charts and other diagrams.
* Convert text to paths
* Boolean Path Operations
* Add, subtract, intersect or exclusion
* Heads up display
- Overlay panels provide measurement details
* VGA Adapter Support
- Support for display on external screens via a VGA adapter.
* Custom font support
- Import and use your own TrueType or OpenType fonts.
What's New in Version 1.11.6
* Fixed an issue manipulating paths.
* Miscellaneous bug fixes.
I used another app previously, to make flow charts and diagrams, that has been discontinued. I tried out several new ones, paid for a few, and this is the one I am sticking with. This is a very powerful app, with a tremendous amount of flexibility, and it does much more than my previous app did.
The only downside is that you will need to invest a bit of time in learning how to use it. Fortunately, the developers have put a lot of time into writing a detailed manual, so everything you need is there if you are willing to spend an hour or two learning about it. That's what I did (about 1 1/2 hours), but then I knew what I needed to jump right in and start drawing my diagrams. It was worth the effort and the results are excellent.
The only real problem, and this is why it lost a star, is that it tends to crash when I export files to OneDrive. It will work several times, then crash in the middle of an export. On the positive side, it auto-saves files, so you are unlikely to lose your work when this happens.
Overall, I have found this to be an excellent product and I fully expect this to be my go-to app for building diagrams.
An awesome app
Has its usability quirks, but one of the best featured (if not the best) vector drawing apps for iOS. Would have given 5 stars if it supported the iPad Pro and the Apple pen.