By Elevenworks LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
TouchDraw is a vector drawing application for the Mac.
Just as with our iPad version, TouchDraw is a retina optimized application that gives you everything you need to create structured 2D vector graphics such as flow charts, graphs, diagrams, illustrations, logos and floor plans just to name a few. TouchDraw for the Mac is fully compatible with the iPad version and files can be freely exchanged between both versions.
TouchDraw differs from a paint program in that objects are always managed independently of the drawing they're in. You can move a figure around, change it's shape, change it's color, group it, without affecting other shapes that are around around.
* Create your own libraries of re-usable shapes, or use one of the bundled libraries. The following libraries are included with TouchDraw
- Common networking shapes
- Basic Flowcharting
- Basic Architectural shapes
- Basic Icon Library
- Balloons and Callouts
- Simple Shapes (hearts, diamonds, arrows, etc...)
- Import, Export and Sharing
* Export your drawings via the following formats:
- Bitmap Image (JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIFF)
- Visio (VDX/XML Drawing format only)
* Import drawings in the following formats:
- Visio (VDX/XML Drawing format only)
- EMF (Windows Enhanced Metafile)
- WMF (Windows Metafile)
* Support for inserting images into TouchDraw in the following formats:
* Rounded Rectangles
* Path Tool
- Easily create complex curves, shapes and paths
* Freehand Tool
- Turn freehand lines into smooth curves
* Image Tool
- Add images from your photo library to your drawings.
* Text Tool
- Support for font, style, size and alignment configuration
* Unlimited levels of zoom
* Dynamic canvas size
- No artificial limits on the size of your drawings
* Grid & Rulers
- Unit aware grid support with optional snap to grid support.
- Visual feedback to your current location within a drawing.
* Alignment (align left, align right, etc...)
* Ordering (move to front, move to back, etc...)
* Line decorations (arrowheads, etc...)
- Organize your drawings into multiple layers.
* Connectable graphs
- Support for creating flow charts and other diagrams.
* Convert text to paths
* Boolean Path Operations
* Add, subtract, intersect or exclusion
What's New in Version 1.11.9
Fixed issues on macOS Sierra.
I can’t help but to be disappointed with the software. The main reason is that I was looking for an alternative to Visio. This program has about 25% of the functionality of Visio. Some of the main failings are: lack of good dimensioning, lack of comprehensive libraries, only very basic drawing tools, inability to import Visio drawing files, etc.
If you are not interested in a Visio replacement then this could be considered a good basic graphics program. It is easy to use. It has all the basic functions to create simple vector graphics, such as you might want to show in a PowerPoint type of presentation. But to be clear, it is not a CAD program.
Excellent visualization tool
I use this program to visualize and track complex heirships and transfers of property interests. My largest “drawing” (a depiction of over 200 heris and their interests) was over 25 feet wide, and ToushDraw handled it without a problem, I’ve owned this app since not long after it debuted on the App Store, and it is regularily updated and always very effective. The integration with the iOS version is excellent as well. Everything this app does, it does well very well with a minimal learning curve. I regularily recommend this App to colleagues and friends.
Best Vector Draw App that works in both Apple and Android
This is the best all purpose Vector Draw app that works in both the Apple and Google Android environments. And it reminds me of early versions of the venerable ACD Canvas X (PC Version)/Canvas Draw (Mac Version), which unfortunately is not available for Android. ACD Canvas is still the best full blown Vector App by far around in my view (even better than Adobe Illustrator for vector work), but for those of you lucky enough to have experience with the intuitive Canvas, you will recognize and love the easy interface of Touchdraw.