By Elevenworks LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
TouchDraw is a vector drawing application for the Mac.
Just as with our iPad version, TouchDraw is a retina optimized application that gives you everything you need to create structured 2D vector graphics such as flow charts, graphs, diagrams, illustrations, logos and floor plans just to name a few. TouchDraw for the Mac is fully compatible with the iPad version and files can be freely exchanged between both versions.
TouchDraw differs from a paint program in that objects are always managed independently of the drawing they're in. You can move a figure around, change it's shape, change it's color, group it, without affecting other shapes that are around around.
* Create your own libraries of re-usable shapes, or use one of the bundled libraries. The following libraries are included with TouchDraw
- Common networking shapes
- Basic Flowcharting
- Basic Architectural shapes
- Basic Icon Library
- Balloons and Callouts
- Simple Shapes (hearts, diamonds, arrows, etc...)
- Import, Export and Sharing
* Export your drawings via the following formats:
- Bitmap Image (JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIFF)
- Visio (VDX/XML Drawing format only)
* Import drawings in the following formats:
- Visio (VDX/XML Drawing format only)
- EMF (Windows Enhanced Metafile)
- WMF (Windows Metafile)
* Support for inserting images into TouchDraw in the following formats:
* Rounded Rectangles
* Path Tool
- Easily create complex curves, shapes and paths
* Freehand Tool
- Turn freehand lines into smooth curves
* Image Tool
- Add images from your photo library to your drawings.
* Text Tool
- Support for font, style, size and alignment configuration
* Unlimited levels of zoom
* Dynamic canvas size
- No artificial limits on the size of your drawings
* Grid & Rulers
- Unit aware grid support with optional snap to grid support.
- Visual feedback to your current location within a drawing.
* Alignment (align left, align right, etc...)
* Ordering (move to front, move to back, etc...)
* Line decorations (arrowheads, etc...)
- Organize your drawings into multiple layers.
* Connectable graphs
- Support for creating flow charts and other diagrams.
* Convert text to paths
* Boolean Path Operations
* Add, subtract, intersect or exclusion
What's New in Version 1.7.1
* Fixed an issue importing Visio drawings with locked layers.
* Fixed an issue with exporting to Visio with some embedded images.
* Fixed an issue exporting some radial gradients to Visio drawings.
I used to do lots of technical diagrams, and 10 years ago, the drawing editor in MS word did just fine.
These diagrams mostly require lots of boxes, arrows, text, a few colors, an occasional circle or polygon here and there,
but certainly none of the art,shadows,gradients,star shapes that are thrown at you face as soon as you use one of
these expensive "industry standard" pieces of software.
However, there are three things I DO need:
1> A tool that can handle 100+ basic shapes in one diagram, and doesn't slow down exponentially.
2> A Snap to grid that works. And works on the FIRST click.
3> Good UI design, like for example being able to adjust line sizes,arrow ends,colors in one click.
I thought nobody would ever be in the business of making such a piece of software anymore.
One that feels like it's actually made by people who use it themselves…until I found this little gem.
It only took a couple hours to learn, and either lacks (or makes more difficult to access) all the features
I don't need. Please keep it this way, make sure you go seamlessly through MacOS upgrades,and if you make
new versions, keep compatibility with old files.
Great for flowcharts
I bought this specifically to make simple flowcharts, and it is by far the easiest tool I have ever used for that purpose. Perhaps if you need to make very complicated flowcharts Visio would be better. However I find Visio overly complicated and cumbersome, whereas TouchDraw was simple and intuitive.
There was one thing I couldn’t figure out how to do from the help menu, but there is a great video on the website showing exactly what I needed.
In addition, I reported some bugs and the developer responded within minutes and was able to address all of my questions and concerns.
Unlike many of the reviewers I virtually NEVER make a flow chart. When I have made them I used Excel. It is cumbersome but creates a good looking product. Unfortunately changes are nearly impossible to make. I just bought this app today and this is, without question, one of the best Apps I have ever invested in. It is both easy to use and intuitive. Changes are easy to make the ability to export makes the product even better. Exceptionally well done! Excel is relegated back to spreadsheets.