By Elevenworks LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
TouchDraw is a vector drawing application for the Mac.
Just as with our iPad version, TouchDraw is a retina optimized application that gives you everything you need to create structured 2D vector graphics such as flow charts, graphs, diagrams, illustrations, logos and floor plans just to name a few. TouchDraw for the Mac is fully compatible with the iPad version and files can be freely exchanged between both versions.
TouchDraw differs from a paint program in that objects are always managed independently of the drawing they're in. You can move a figure around, change it's shape, change it's color, group it, without affecting other shapes that are around around.
* Create your own libraries of re-usable shapes, or use one of the bundled libraries. The following libraries are included with TouchDraw
- Common networking shapes
- Basic Flowcharting
- Basic Architectural shapes
- Basic Icon Library
- Balloons and Callouts
- Simple Shapes (hearts, diamonds, arrows, etc...)
- Import, Export and Sharing
* Export your drawings via the following formats:
- Bitmap Image (JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIFF)
- Visio (VDX/XML Drawing format only)
* Import drawings in the following formats:
- Visio (VDX/XML Drawing format only)
- EMF (Windows Enhanced Metafile)
- WMF (Windows Metafile)
* Support for inserting images into TouchDraw in the following formats:
* Rounded Rectangles
* Path Tool
- Easily create complex curves, shapes and paths
* Freehand Tool
- Turn freehand lines into smooth curves
* Image Tool
- Add images from your photo library to your drawings.
* Text Tool
- Support for font, style, size and alignment configuration
* Unlimited levels of zoom
* Dynamic canvas size
- No artificial limits on the size of your drawings
* Grid & Rulers
- Unit aware grid support with optional snap to grid support.
- Visual feedback to your current location within a drawing.
* Alignment (align left, align right, etc...)
* Ordering (move to front, move to back, etc...)
* Line decorations (arrowheads, etc...)
- Organize your drawings into multiple layers.
* Connectable graphs
- Support for creating flow charts and other diagrams.
* Convert text to paths
* Boolean Path Operations
* Add, subtract, intersect or exclusion
What's New in Version 1.11.5
* Fixed minor issues when running on El Capitan.
Fantastic on MacBook Air
I have been looking for a suitable Visio alternative for Mac since abandoning Windows late 2015. I’ve researched all the major tools and their high price tags, read article after article, and never came across this gem. This is the ultimate tool at a very reasonable price. The performance is outstanding, it is extremely customizable (e.g. can create your own icon sets), and is easy to use. I now prefer this tool over Visio and have found yet another app that forgos my need for my bootcamp install of Windows. Thank you for developing this awesome application, developers!
My usage: Network diagrams, solution maps, integration diagrams, and visuals for professional PPT presentations. I am a very technical user, and this tools provides me the level of detail I need and adjustments I need.
Usefull so far
I also was a big Visio user. Although it is not feature rich as visio, I did pick up on it pretty quick and have made a few construction framing drawings. Two features I would really love, beg to see, is being able to define one printable page and draw on it, and to be able to ‘cut’ lines by inserting breaks in a line and removing between the breaks. Defining a page and cutting lines would be HUGE improvements and make it that much closer to Visio. I hated my years with Microsoft, always have been a diehard Mac user and glad to see this app!
Competent and Solid
TouchDraw is nearly perfect as a medium-weight graphic tool. It isn’t any Illustrator competitor but what it does offer is solid and very well implemented. The app feels good to use and the results always meet my expectations. There are a couple of things I don’t like such as the way text is edited in a pop-up window rather than inline with the object and the ‘forever’ canvas BUT these are minor compared to all the good stuff!
It’s an excellent graphich tool and I highly recommend it.