TouchMix-8/16 Control is an app for iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPod touch that provides wireless control of QSC TouchMix-8 and TouchMix-16 digital sound reinforcement mixers. Visit www.qsc.com for more information. The app is not intended to perform any audio mixing or processing tasks on its own.
When run on the iPad and iPad mini, the TouchMix Control app closely follows the operational paradigm of the mixers. The iPad and the mixer GUI operate independently so it is possible for the iPad to act as an additional user interface that can display and control a set of functions completely different from those being controlled by the mixer’s screen and hardware. An alternate operation mode – Follow Mixer – is also available. With Follow Mixer engaged, the iPad follows the fader selection on the mixer. Touch a fader on the mixer and the iPad will display that channel’s Overview, EQ, Compressor, Sends or Gate screen. Touch a parameter on the iPad and the mixer’s rotary control will adjust it – or just drag on the iPad screen. When used without an actual TouchMix, the app acts as a demonstration of the mixer GUI and functionality but does not control audio in any way.
On the iPhone and iPod touch, the TouchMix Control app functions as a personal stage monitor mix control with the option to also remotely operate the mixer’s record and playback features as well as programmable user buttons. To prevent inadvertent adjustment of controls, the mixer operator may allow or restrict access to selected functions on a per-device basis.
* Input channel processing (4-band PEQ, variable high & Low-cut filters, gates, compressor)
* Output channel processing (1/3 octave GEQ, 6-band PEQ, variable high & Low-cut filters, anti-feedback filters and wizard, delay)
* Real Time Analyzer (RTA)
* Select Simple or Advanced mode
* Displays channel and output level meters
* Channel and output levels
* Effects and aux (monitor) send levels
* Select input presets from extensive library
* Select and control 4 simultaneous effects
* Input and output mutes and cues
* Configure and control DCA and Mute groups
* Multi-track recorder arm, playback and transport
* Includes TouchMix Info system, built-in reference guide.
* And more
* iPad, iPad mini, iPhone, iPod touch running iOS 8.0 or later
* QSC TouchMix-8 or TouchMix-16 with version 3.0 or higher firmware installed.
* QSC TouchMix-8 or TouchMix-16 with supplied Wi-Fi adaptor installed or connected to a network via USB-to-Ethernet adaptor.
* Note that controlling a mixer with multiple iOS devices running different versions of the app is not recommended.
* QSC, LLC Website TouchMix Support Application License Agreement.
Support for new mixer features (see TouchMix-8/16 Release Notes).
Fixed a bug that allowed users to access functions from the sidebar without authorization.
Various minor bug fixes and refinements.
Ratings and Reviews
Handy feature that’s hard to use.
Altho it is a great feature to have. Being able to pop my phone out to check the mix is nice... on an iPad where you can actually read the text on the screen. The phone app text is WAY too small. I thought it was my eyes but others do agree. iPad is the way to go to do anything useful. Overall it’s been a great app and mixer. It’s nice knowing if anything goes wrong you can still control everything at the mixer. Will move to 3-4 stars if the phone app because more useable.
After years of playing & recording music now I only record drums & guitar for demos. The app is for record transport controls, occasional level tweaking, clear solo (cue) is fast & useful. That said, my studio is in a separate building, no internet needed & I'm close to the TMix 16. If I were still gigging I'd use an IPad & separate router for sure. The app suits my needs just fine.
iPhone X compatibility
I use this app on my iPhone to adjust my in-ears through an aux channel and the app keeps crashing. The app also just doesn’t look right on the iPhone X. Please fix this ASAP! Other than that, I love this app and how I can make real time adjustments.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.