By BitBQ LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Transform your iPhone, iPad or iPod to remotely control your computer through WiFi. Extended keyboard, Multi-Touch Trackpad and Apple Remote.
Tired of having a keyboard and mouse laying around in your living room? Get rid of that lousy setup with TouchPad! Use your iOS device to remotely control your computer through WiFi. With TouchPad's intuitive use, you'll feel right at home if you have already used a track pad on a MacBook. It's almost like having a micro laptop in your hands!
Moreover, if you have a Mac or use Linux, no additional software is required on your computer. TouchPad connects through Screen Sharing, which is part of OS X and most Linux distributions. Windows users can download a free VNC server such as TightVNC which is highly recommend.
You can also set a darker theme for when you use TouchPad in a low light environment.
TouchPad is the ideal companion for your Home Theather!
• Super-easy setup,
• Configurable Multi-touch gestures,
• Media controller for all major software (Front Row, QuickTime, VLC, WMP, Boxee, etc.),
• Drag files, windows, text, etc.,
• Use the iPhone 4S keyboard Siri button to dictate sentences and send them to your computer.
• Use your Bluetooth keyboard to type. Event special keys like ATL, CTRL and arrows are supported.
• Supports OS X 10.4 or later,
• Supports Windows XP, Vista and 7 (Free VNC server software like TightVNC required)
• Supports all major Linux distributions (Remote Desktop enabled)
• Requires a WiFi connection.
* NOTE: TouchPad is an alternative to a wireless keyboard/mouse/trackpad/remote combo. You will not see your computer's screen on your iPhone or iPad.
What's New in Version 4.3.5
This WAS great, but keyboard support went away
Okay, what I want to do is have a Mac Mini I watch TV on, and not bother having a keyboard. I want to control my Mac Mini sometimes using TouchPad, doing mouse and clicking effects but also typing passwords when installing software. I *want* to be able to type on a Bluetooth keyboard with my iPad, and have the text show on the Mac Mini that’s being controlled. This used to work, I think, but now it does not, due to some new issues with iOS. I don’t appreciate having barriers erected between what I want to do with my iPad and Mac, at every turn.
Please bring back Bluetooth keyboard-through-controlled Mac support, or bring it to us if it wasn’t with us in iOS 6.x. Then you will get 5 stars again.
Makes my Mac Mini great for TV
I've been using it for over a year. Works great! I've used it for main OS stuff and for Plex. I've even used Siri dictate to type for me. My favorite part is that it works with Mac OS natively (no app install needed)
Works just fine :)
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 21, 2013
- Version: 4.3.5
- Size: 21.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: BitBQ LLC
- © 2009-2013 BitBQ LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.